2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

I’m so confused at what the Colts are doing. At what point are they going to acknowledge that (a) Castonzo isn’t coming back and (b) that there’s no point in trading for Carson Wentz if you’re not going to protect him? 

I’m not saying that they have to do any particular thing to address LT — whether that would have been to sign Trent or Villanueva or trade for Little Zeus or draft one of the guys on the board in the 1st/2nd round or bring in Leno or whatever. 

But they have to do something, don’t they? Why are they sitting all this out?

25 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I’m so confused at what the Colts are doing. At what point are they going to acknowledge that (a) Castonzo isn’t coming back and (b) that there’s no point in trading for Carson Wentz if you’re not going to protect him? 

I’m not saying that they have to do any particular thing to address LT — whether that would have been to sign Trent or Villanueva or trade for Little Zeus or draft one of the guys on the board in the 1st/2nd round or bring in Leno or whatever. 

A 2026 7th round pick should get them Geron Christian.  

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

No faith in Tevi & Davenport?

Animated GIF

They could flip Braden Smith to LT but yeah I’m totally shocked they didn’t draft an OT prospect.

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Fans arguing against this are just dumb to me. You will never fall into another opportunity like this again. The leagues best QB potentially up for trade and Redskins fans on Twitter “no, we need to keep building this the right way and we’ll eventually get our QB” lmao. Aaron Rodgers makes this team a super bowl contender right now and for the next three years most likely. If the Bill Barnwell trade is what it took, I’d drive Fitz and Ioannidis to Wisconsin myself. 

• Like 2

On 5/6/2021 at 2:05 PM, e16bball said:

On 5/6/2021 at 2:31 PM, MKnight82 said:

A 2026 7th round pick should get them Geron Christian.  

We could do a package deal.  They also should upgrade RG.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Someone just took #91 fwiw. 

No, after the 7th round Bradley-King tweeted out that would be his pick of #s fans started responding that that’s Kerrigan’s # and it should be retired or not worn and all this stuff and then he tweeted that he wouldn’t wear that #. Nothing official has come out on #s yet. 

On 5/8/2021 at 12:09 AM, lavar703 said:

Fans arguing against this are just dumb to me. You will never fall into another opportunity like this again. The leagues best QB potentially up for trade and Redskins fans on Twitter “no, we need to keep building this the right way and we’ll eventually get our QB” lmao. Aaron Rodgers makes this team a super bowl contender right now and for the next three years most likely. If the Bill Barnwell trade is what it took, I’d drive Fitz and Ioannidis to Wisconsin myself. 

I just think he costs too much for a 37 year old who has gotten pretty banged up as of late. He doesn’t take a ton of hits but your going to give a super haul and crazy money for a guy who in two years is gonna want more money, the team to draft his guys and a different coach. Rogers has carried teams his talent is second to 1. But again. One player doesn’t win a title. So yes he opens a small window. If we continue to make the right decisions year in and year out we can be a winner much longer. I don’t think there’s ever been a team that’s won a SB trading multiple high round draft picks for a Vet.

You can say Philly did on a rookie but even that player didn’t take them all the way. KC didn’t give a kings randsom for Mahomes. Trading all these picks and players for one guy is nuts. It’s never worked and IMO it never will. Football is literally the most critical game when it comes to roster talent top too bottom. Yes having a elite QB matters. But if it really mattered why does Eli have more then ARod? why does ARod have as many as Foles, Dilfer and Brad Johnson? Is That fair? No. Rogers is a much superior individual talent. But these Vets that are leaving their teams and having success are hand picking the team. They are all on young teams built through the draft. And none of the teams they won with traded one asset. 

TB doesn’t get the SB if they trade Mike Evans and 2 1’s and two 2’s for Brady. Denver doesn’t get too two SB’s trading Chris Harris and Malik Jackson a 1st and 2nd for Peyton. I get the counter we can’t win without a quality QB. But I see year in year out what depleted unfinished rosters do with elite QB’s against complete teams with slightly lesser QB’s.