2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

On 5/11/2021 at 1:52 AM, offbyone said:

You could also maybe throw flacco in that conversation, if we are talking baltimore anyways.  

I get your point, but Flacco played LIGHTS OUT on that run. 4-0, 11 TDS no INTs. 

• Like 1

I have not been particularly emotional about the issue of Kerrigan leaving or coming back...but this does feel a bit like a missed opportunity. 

I’m a fan of a couple of the young DEs, but we’re not the same defense if they’re on the field for significant snaps. It seems clear enough to me that we need a DE3 we can rely upon for substantial snaps if either Young or Sweat is out for a while. And even if they’re not out, there are still a lot of snaps to go around on a simple rotational basis. 

With Kerrigan not getting much interest to be a starter, I figured he might just decide to stay home and finish out his career. But I suppose there will be other places where he’d at least have a chance to compete for starter snaps, and clearly that just won’t be the case here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I have a feeling that JHC is probably the better athlete & better in coverage seeing as he’s a converted safety but I don’t think this makes a huge difference. JHC was a long shot to make the roster and Walker did have a decent season with Arizona in 2019 (65 tackles, 5 TFL) so, maybe there’s something there. 

Edited by turtle28

31 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

If Zach Ertz would be released how do you guys feel about giving him a look? Things with him and the Eagles have been SOUR so signing with a division rival could be high up

He'd be our best TE imo - yes, over Logan. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

If Zach Ertz would be released how do you guys feel about giving him a look? Things with him and the Eagles have been SOUR so signing with a division rival could be high up

Definitely. He’d be a huge upgrade for us and as MikeT said, he’d be our best TE which would bump Logan down to #2 & then Bates can be the #3 which makes more sense to me as to where each guy is at in terms of talent.

In a lot of sets though we’d see Logan & Ertz on the field together. Logan is a better blocking/inline TE so he could play that role as Ertz is almost primarily just a receiver and not the greatest blocker.