Rapaport: Mitch unlikely to return to Bears

WindyCity

39 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

NFL Network this AM he said without a deep playoff run he is likely gone.

Let's all pray to the football gods that this report is actually true. I became convinced they were going to keep him around, even if it was just as a bridge. I wonder that if the report is true it means Pace is staying? 

16 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Wish him well wherever he goes as long as it is out of the NFC North. 

Are you sure you don't want him to replace Rodgers in Green Bay? 😉

• Like 2

Makes sense. Like I said earlier..when a team declines their 1st round QB's 5th year option it's extremely rare for that player to come back for another season with the same team. 

Only thing that could change that thinking is a trip to the Superbowl or NFC championship at the very least in the back of strong performances by Mitch.

If he can lead us to a win today and slay the Packers the following week that would do him a lot of good but I'm not holding my breath.

58 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Makes sense. Like I said earlier..when a team declines their 1st round QB's 5th year option it's extremely rare for that player to come back for another season with the same team. 

Only thing that could change that thinking is a trip to the Superbowl or NFC championship at the very least in the back of strong performances by Mitch.

If he can lead us to a win today and slay the Packers the following week that would do him a lot of good but I'm not holding my breath.

And if Trubisky some how did that why would he want to come back to Chicago when he could go some where else for more money and possibly a better situation.

2 hours ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

I have a feeling he will be a Viking next year

Maybe? He's certainly not any better than Cousins, and probably never will be. You really have to wonder if there is any team in the NFL who'd even consider giving him a level shot at being their starter. The Patriots, maybe? The Broncos? 

Just now, Heinz D. said:

Maybe? He's certainly not any better than Cousins, and probably never will be. You really have to wonder if there is any team in the NFL who'd even consider giving him a level shot at being their starter. The Patriots, maybe? The Broncos? 

I don't think anyone would be bringing him in to be a starter unless he has a helluva camp. Patriots, Ravens, Cowboys, Eagles and Saints are 5 teams off of my head that make some sense 

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Niners too maybe as there is talk of them moving on from Jimmy G this offseason.

Either way I don't think Mitch will be viewed as an unquestioned starter for any team moving forward. He will likely be brought in somewhere to compete/backup or be a bridge QB for a younger QB.