Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Would any trade with the Dolphins make you feel ok with trading Watson? Tua and a couple firsts? What would you need?

I think this is the key.

On a Dolphins perspective I wouldn’t want to give back everything we suffered for especially when Tua done well with no Weapons. We would still need plenty with Watson at the Helm. 

I would expect the Texans to want 3 x first rounders and some. Although pick number 3 is like having 2 lower 1sts.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Would any trade with the Dolphins make you feel ok with trading Watson? Tua and a couple firsts? What would you need?

im wasting the past 20 mins arguing with  Dolphins fan on twitter about a potential trades.  He thinks Tua, 2 1sts, a 2 and a 3 would be enough for him. 

I say Watson alone is worth 3 1sts.  Bears traded 2 1sts, Kyle Orton and a 3rd for Jay Cutler.   

I would do Watson for Tua, both the dolphins 2021 1sts, a 2022 1st and a 2021 2nd for him.

Edited by Texansfan713

2 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

Mort just walking back his claim regarding deshaun being upset with the Texans handling social issues. Said he is frustrated with the current state of the Texans.

i saw that too.  thats why im not taking what he says serious until someone actually ask Watson himself when he gets back from vacation.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

What say you about:

Both Miami’s 2021 1sts, a 2022 1st, and Tua?

Add a 3rd this year or a 2nd next year - and Miami needs to take some bad contracts in exchange (Whitney Mercilius, Randall Cobb, Eric Murray).

I shudder at the thought of this. I legit feel sick to my stomach that I'm even talking about it.

This will probably mark the end of my football fandom. I'll follow casually, but my days of diving in headfirst and really figuring following things will effectively be over. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

What say you about:

Both Miami’s 2021 1sts, a 2022 1st, and Tua?

It’s probably fair value but as a Dolphins decline. Prime Marino would struggle with our receivers. We would have nothing to get Watson weapons and this in my mind values him as four first rounders including a top 3 pick.

Just now, mountainpd said:

It’s probably fair value but as a Dolphins decline. Prime Marino would struggle with our receivers. We would have nothing to get Watson weapons and this in my mind values him as four first rounders including a top 3 pick.

do the dolphins have cap space?

44 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Screw Watson. If he can’t handle a messed up season without folding, then he’s not capable of getting us where we want to go anyway. 

This is ridiculous take. It’s not just about one bad season. It’s about an organization that is extremely disfunctional and has no signs of improving. It’s about an organization that trusts people like Jack Easterby to make all types of decisions when 1) no one seems to trust the guy 2) everybody seems to hate the guy because he’s a weirdo 3) has no qualifications to be in charge of those decisions. 

It’s also about how Cal lied to Watson and told him he’d be a part of the process and they went behind his back to make Caserio the GM without even talking to him first. Based on the other report that came out today it seems like Khan and Riddick were the finalists that Watson likely had the chance to give his two cents on, but then Jack got in Cal’s ear, convinced him to pickup Caserio in his jet over the weekend and hash out a deal, not giving Watson any chance to give his feedback. When your franchise QB that you promised was going to be a part of the process of hiring a new GM finds out about it on social media, that’s a massive problem.

I can’t blame Watson at all for this. Why would anyone want to be a part of this franchise?

There is one person to blame for this and it’s Cal McNair.

• Like 8