Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

42 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

If they’re flying into town to meet with them, I don’t think it’s a ploy. 

Would you rather sit back and let your division rival trade for him and play against him for the next decade, or make a move on from Ryan and let him retire probably and get Watson for your own?

I will never question the depths of which owners will go to screw over a division rival. It's possible they "kick the tires" on it to see if there's a chance, but the Falcons don't have much cap space and would have to eat a majority of Matt Ryan's contract. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LORK88 said:

I will never question the depths of which owners will go to screw over a division rival. It's possible they "kick the tires" on it to see if there's a chance, but the Falcons don't have much cap space and would have to eat a majority of Matt Ryan's contract. 

Ryan would have 50 mil in dead cap for them if they trade or cut him. 

lol so Watson reached out Atlanta 

15 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Trading Ryan would result in a 52 million cap hit for the Falcons. I’d bet they try to get him to retire maybe. 

retiring would be a 52 million cap hit for Matt Ryan

• Like 1

So according to my guy, Deshaun wants to go home to Atlanta. I trust the guy, just feel like it's going to keep changing by the hour. This is what sucks about a no trade clause is that Carolina could offer the best package and yet we're stuck with whatever Atlanta can give us because Deshaun gets his choice. Feel like it's a safe bet he's ending up in the NFC South. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, tab said:

it would be interesting to see if we get Matt Ryan and which teams we'd consider trading him to afterwards

Yeah, no thanks - even if it’s just to flip him. Let Atlanta flip him, get extra picks and then they can put those picks into the offer.

Atlanta is VERY light on players to put into an offer. They’re not trading Kyle Pitts, so that’s pretty much anyone worth grabbing.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

So according to my guy, Deshaun wants to go home to Atlanta. I trust the guy, just feel like it's going to keep changing by the hour. This is what sucks about a no trade clause is that Carolina could offer the best package and yet we're stuck with whatever Atlanta can give us because Deshaun gets his choice. Feel like it's a safe bet he's ending up in the NFC South. 

Make him sit again. If he’s not willing to meet us halfway, it’s another year of not playing football. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Make him sit again. If he’s not willing to meet us halfway, it’s another year of not playing football. 

He’s picking more than one team to want to play for. Nick ain’t getting fleeced after a year. Or Atlanta will give up an obscene amount of picks and will suck for the time span of said picks 

In regards to Deshuan to Atlanta...

https://overthecap.com/matt-ryan-deshaun-watson-and-the-falcons/

Do you want to help the Clots out (with Matt Ryan) becomes the serious question...

If it does end up being a 3-way, I would want

C Drew Dalman (ATL)

CB Kenny Moore (IND)

Edge Ben Banogu (IND)

2-42 (IND)

conditional 2023 1st (IND) Ryan plays 70% of games, if not becomes a 2nd

1-8 (ATL)

2-43 (ATL)

2-59 (ATL)

2023 1st (ATL)

2024 1st (ATL)

But my gut says, nope... not helping the Clots out