Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

1 hour ago, jch1911 said:

In regards to Deshuan to Atlanta...

https://overthecap.com/matt-ryan-deshaun-watson-and-the-falcons/

Do you want to help the Clots out (with Matt Ryan) becomes the serious question...

If it does end up being a 3-way, I would want

C Drew Dalman (ATL)

CB Kenny Moore (IND)

Edge Ben Banogu (IND)

2-42 (IND)

conditional 2023 1st (IND) Ryan plays 70% of games, if not becomes a 2nd

1-8 (ATL)

2-43 (ATL)

2-59 (ATL)

2023 1st (ATL)

2024 1st (ATL)

But my gut says, nope... not helping the Clots out

So - four FRPs, three SRPs, three guys (including a CB and a C)?

Yeah, the Colts can have the hollowed out husk of Matt Ryan for this sort of return. That’s seven shots at premium talent in the next few drafts, three contributors at key need spots, and Watson in the NFC for the rest of his career.

Don’t overthink that sort of return. Matt Ryan isn’t leading anyone anywhere.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Nicky C running this well so far

I’d agree (and you guys know how I feel about him). I reserve the right to change my mind at any time, but he’s really drawing everything out as well as one would expect.

I imagine… Bill Belicheck had Caserio running simulated scenarios on how to do this in the hypothetical “we’re going to trade Brady” war game.

• Like 3

Just now, lumberjackchris said:

My buddy was listening in on the twitter spaces too and heard it. 

I think lifestyle plays into a lot of it, and New Orleans is a big lifestyle city.

Maybe Watson goes all Zion on everyone…

EuwggdIXcAEo_g8.jpg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

My buddy was listening in on the twitter spaces too and heard it. 

If Deshaun is "choosing" any team, Texans have a problem. No one team has to increase their compensation if they are bidding against themselves. Texans can always ask for more, other team can always offer less. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Blaze said:

If Deshaun is "choosing" any team, Texans have a problem. No one team has to increase their compensation if they are bidding against themselves. Texans can always ask for more, other team can always offer less. 

even if there's only one team involved bc Watson eliminated every other team, he still can't trade himself. we can just sit there and say no, no, no, more, all day long. we're going to get a massive haul, there's no way around it. 

we have him under contract, and we'll keep him under contract unless we get an unreasonable offer. period. we can fine him, we can play that game, that remains an option. 

Edited by PAtexansFAN_99

21 minutes ago, Blaze said:

I’m perfectly content with letting Watson sit another year if he tries to strongarm with that NTC. 

If this is going to be a collaborative effort, Watson has to… y’know, collaborate.

• Like 1

Just now, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

even if there's only one team involved bc Watson eliminated every other team, he still can't trade himself. we can just sit there and say no, no, no, more, all day long. we're going to get a massive haul, there's no way around it. 

Texans may indeed get a massive haul but it still may not be the best haul. At the end of the day, Texans will be forced to trade Deshaun where he wants to go and the team he goes to is not going to have to put their best offer on the table.