Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I’m perfectly content with letting Watson sit another year if he tries to strongarm with that NTC. 

If this is going to be a collaborative effort, Watson has to… y’know, collaborate.

Strong-arm is such a strong word, pun intended. But I do think Deshaun is going to look out for self first, second & third. They can try to collaborate but both sides understand this is a business. 

1 minute ago, Blaze said:

Texans may indeed get a massive haul but it still may not be the best haul. At the end of the day, Texans will be forced to trade Deshaun where he wants to go and the team he goes to is not going to have to put their best offer on the table. 

texans aren't forced to do ****. he's under contract for several more years. we can just keep him. I'd rather watch this franchise burn for however many years than not get value on this trade rn. I'm in no hurry, and neither is caserio I imagine. honestly, i need 4 first round picks for watson, which I believe means we'd have to wait until draft day to do the trade, but yea, that's my starting price if I'm caserio. anything less, run it back with mills, watson, you're ball boy, we'll play down 30 million this time. not an issue. we're probably not winning the superbowl in the next year or two anyway, there's no harm in holding out for what we feel is appropriate value. 

If I am the Panthers, (1) clear more space:

- Darnold to SEA for 5th Carroll brings in USC guy

- cut OL Cam Erving or include in deal to SEA

- cut OL Dennis Daley need more room

Second, I am getting a commitment from Armstead (NO) & Tretter (CLE) or re-sign Paradis.  

That offense now looks decent.

RB McCaffrey - Hubbard - Foreman

WR Anderson, Moore, Marshall

TE Thomas, Tremble

OL Armstead - Corbett - Tretter - Christianson - Moton

Reserves Elflein, Jordan, Brown

Plus stealing Armstead gets you DW4 AND hurts rival, Saints.

Then you give Texans all da picks figure of speech + Burns + Horn + Chinn .  ;)

2 hours ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

texans aren't forced to do ****. he's under contract for several more years. we can just keep him. I'd rather watch this franchise burn for however many years than not get value on this trade rn. I'm in no hurry, and neither is caserio I imagine. honestly, i need 4 first round picks for watson, which I believe means we'd have to wait until draft day to do the trade, but yea, that's my starting price if I'm caserio. anything less, run it back with mills, watson, you're ball boy, we'll play down 30 million this time. not an issue. we're probably not winning the superbowl in the next year or two anyway, there's no harm in holding out for what we feel is appropriate value. 

But then the Older he gets the less valuable he’ll be. You wait a year or two you’re not getting 4 first. 

This might go down as the most dynamic trade in NFL history. The fact he has the clause makes it crazy because he’s not going to put the team he’s going to in a terrible position. And he probably would sit and just collect a check if you kept him. Your not going to franchise him that’d be stupid.

It doesn’t make sense for you all to wait. You’ve got FAs to sign now. They want to know whether he’s coming or not. You got families livelihoods on the line. Y’all gotta be through with this soon as is reasonable. 

I think we get him. We’ve got the best talent and picks. If he wants to win a SuperBowl he needs to come play with Amari Nick Chubb Myles Garrett and Denzel Ward. Nobody else is bring a core like that to the table for Deshaun. Plus our oline, but I maybe wrong it depends on what he wants. If he wants to win he should come to Cleveland. 

Edited by brownie man

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

But then the Older he gets the less valuable he’ll be. You wait a year or two you’re not getting 4 first. 

33 year old Russell Wilson just netted a massive haul, I don't think the value is diminished whatsoever next offseason, or the offseason after, or the offseason after that, especially considering he'll likely be cleared of all legal issues by next offseason.

Bottom line, it's completely unreasonable to trade a young QB like Watson, it makes absolutely no ******* sense. Therefore, in order to trade him and feel good about it we need an unreasonable return. 

I know you think we're desperate to get rid of Watson, but I can assure you, we are not. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

Any chance he plays for Houston again??

It doesn’t make sense for you all to wait. You’ve got FAs to sign now. They want to know whether he’s coming or not. You got families livelihoods on the line. Y’all gotta be through with this soon as is reasonable. 

The Texans just waited a full year due to the legal issues. There’s no question at all to anyone in the organization - Deshaun Watson is not playing for the Texans, period. He doesn’t want to play for Cal McNair, and I’m pretty sure the feeling is mutual at this point.

Nobody is waiting for anything on him, he’s already a ghost in the organization. There’s money to spend on him, but there was money to spend on him LAST year and nobody batted an eye. 

There is a very personal grudge between Watson and the McNair family (not just the dummy Cal… but the ruthless two headed monster of Janice and Hannah McNair) and when you’re talking a millionaire vs a billionaire, the billionaire usually has the resources to win a waiting game.

And he probably would sit and just collect a check if you kept him. Your not going to franchise him that’d be stupid.

Why would the Texans need to franchise him? He’s under team control for the next four years. Texans could let him rot on the vine if they so choose, they’re under no obligation to do anything in his favor at this point.

I’ll say that if you think a guy like Watson - who centered his entire brand around the phrase “Be Legendary” and built his reputation playing football - is content not playing football, then you don’t know Deshaun Watson. Not playing ANOTHER year would probably drive him nuts.

36 minutes ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

I know you think we're desperate to get rid of Watson, but I can assure you, we are not. 

Exactly. Texans are OK waiting up to the trade deadline, as well as letting this carry into the next offseason. At the end of the day, the franchise will still be here as long as the NFL is still here; Watson is the one with the finite playing career, and giving up years to get into the position he wants is a battle he won’t win.

6 hours ago, brownie man said:

I think we get him.

Everyone locally is handicapping the entire NFC North ahead of Cleveland, but nobody really knows. Understand, if it IS Cleveland - it’s not going to be on his terms.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Blaze said:

If Deshaun is "choosing" any team, Texans have a problem. No one team has to increase their compensation if they are bidding against themselves. Texans can always ask for more, other team can always offer less. 

the way I'm reading things is we're asking for 6(?) premium pieces to even speak to Deshaun, so teams already have somewhat acceptable(?) offers in place to even come to the table. But also I've heard that Deshaun is only talking to teams he's willing to waive his NTC for. It seems like everyone is being pretty rational about the whole process, it'll be interesting to see what happens after all the interviews are over

• Like 1