Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

12 hours ago, duke2056 said:

Now just gotta see what sort of suspension, if any.  Guessing you guys are rotting for a 2 year suspension, lol.

I hope the league has a sense of irony and suspends him at least 22 games

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LORK88 said:

Last few things on the subject I heard: 

• We didn't want players, we wanted picks. Nick would rather pick his own guys.
  • Both the Saints and Falcons thought they had Watson at least once each. 
  • It started off being about winning now, best roster, etc and ended up being about money for Watson.
  • Both ATL and NO offers were similar to what we ended up with from Cleveland.
  • Both ATL and NO said Caserio was professional throughout the process. 

I come out of this with newfound respect for Caserio. A lot of it, too. 

Cal and Jack are who they are, but Nick might be the guy who can succeed in spite of those two.

We’ll see come draft day.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, tab said:

I hope the league has a sense of irony and suspends him at least 22 games

Honestly, this is now in my rearview mirror. It’s someone elses, problem now.

The last year has really tested my fandom and my mental health, if I’m being honest. Any Deshaun Watson news had me scurrying about on Twitter and Facebook, seeing what I can uncover. I’ve bothered too many people I know in the city - those who work for the Texans, 610, Buzbee, Hardin - I’m pretty sure there’s a slightly burned bridge or two in there, too. I’m going to have to foot a tab or two at happy hour to make amends.

I know what I know, I know what I believe with these cases, and I think I know what the league is going to do. However, my focus is on those FRPs and what the Texans do from there. I get that this could bleed into the value of those picks, but I’ll cross that bridge when next season and season after that are done, nothing sooner.

Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Browns’ problem now… and I couldn’t be happier.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, ET80 said:

I come out of this with newfound respect for Caserio.

I already thought very highly of Caserio, but I will say after sleeping this trade off for a couple of days and allowing myself to cool down, I've got to take my hat off to the guy. If you listen to the way the Browns fans are talking about it, they don't really feel good about it. I don't think any fanbase really could. We got approximately appropriate value. Solid trade. Time to turn the page.

13 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

I keep telling myself I’m done with this topic and just happy that this is all finally over, but then I hear a report that Deshaun demanded no players be traded back to us in the trade….

Good for him, I guess. Those players will end up leaving once that contract starts eating up their cap...

• Like 2

Guess Watson needed that new extension. Buddy ain’t paying rent to his businesses…

That’s the sort of character and business acumen you want from your franchise QB, stiffing people for what you owe.

• Like 1