Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yet, the general public will say that Tony Buzbee is the scum lawyer…

That was an incredibly bad take from Rusty. Stop trying to play Buzbees game and talk through the media. It makes Deshaun look so much worse. If I were the NFL, this would be the tipping point to levy the suspension. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blaze said:

That was an incredibly bad take from Rusty. Stop trying to play Buzbees game and talk through the media. It makes Deshaun look so much worse. If I were the NFL, this would be the tipping point to levy the suspension. 

Between this and Watson admitting Solis was crying after their session, I don’t see a good reason why Watson wouldn’t be suspended.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 4:30 PM, ET80 said:

You know it’s bad when your lawyer has to retract a statement made in the middle of a spin doctor campaign…

Deshaun is not a very attractive or charismatic guy. The idea that massage therapists want to sleep with him just because is completely unconvincing and Hardin has seriously damaged his case. The logic used by Hardin to attempt to explain away what he said earlier in no way reasonably follows what he said. I hope Watson gets cooked. He won't, but I hope he does.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 1:32 PM, ET80 said:

Between this and Watson admitting Solis was crying after their session, I don’t see a good reason why Watson wouldn’t be suspended.

I hope the NFL doesn't let him pull crap with the contract that was clearly set up to make him suspension-proof. The NFL should take it as a personal insult to do this so blatantly and suspend him through the end of next season, whether Watson gets suspended now, halfway through the season or even in the off-season.

The latter(est?) option could actually be the best because it could backfire so hard against Watson if any new allegations come forth this season or really there is just a swell of talk of why he hasn't been suspended. I would love if Watson played this year, walking on eggshells all year with press conferences etc., had an angry mob ready for blood by the end of the season and the NFL to go full-MLB and suspending him for years two and three of his contract 😍.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I hope the NFL doesn't let him pull crap with the contract that was clearly set up to make him suspension-proof. The NFL should take it as a personal insult to do this so blatantly and suspend him through the end of next season, whether Watson gets suspended now, halfway through the season or even in the off-season.

The latter(est?) option could actually be the best because it could backfire so hard against Watson if any new allegations come forth this season or really there is just a swell of talk of why he hasn't been suspended. I would love if Watson played this year, walking on eggshells all year with press conferences etc., had an angry mob ready for blood by the end of the season and the NFL to go full-MLB and suspending him for years two and three of his contract 😍.

Nah we need him suspended years 1 and 2 not 2 and 3. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Nah we need him suspended years 1 and 2 not 2 and 3. 

I was about to ask why, but I'm guessing you're implying to improve the draft picks from Cleveland? I just have this feeling that it won't matter, that Cleveland will be a borderline playoff team with/without him. I just don't believe it's gonna work to put Cleveland over the hump, that Cleveland's karma will keep them out of the playoffs most of the time while he's there. I think Brissett will get 7-9 wins, Watson 7-10 wins. The roster is overrated as well IMO, especially Joe Woods, despite a high ranking last year. The eyeball test said it could have gone a lot more sideways on defense and there was some law of averages luck involved.

TL;DR move over Madden curse; hello Cosby curse

• Like 1

with the Bauer suspension in the MLB, zeke getting 6 games for just one accusation, and the fact that they dont expect watson's lawsuits to be cleared up until 2024, there is logical reasoning to suspend him for at least 2 years

i would be impressed if they actually did that though. It depends on how mad the other owners are at the Browns I suppose

• Like 2