Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

6 hours ago, tab said:

i hope this suit brings out everything. I want a timeline of events. Was the Hopkins trade bc of this too?

I have a harder time reconciling this in relation to Watson’s alleged crimes. I think Bill O’Brien legitimately didn’t like Hopkins and did what he felt was necessary to remove him from the roster.

34 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Should be a fun day 

Hardin and Kessler both have a ton of experience in these discussions - we know Hardin, but Jeffrey Kessler is the lawyer who stood up for Tom Brady when Brady was looking at a lengthy  suspension for deflategate.

I think those two will successfully argue for a one year suspension as opposed to indefinite. Watson will be reinstated once the suspension is served (as opposed to having to apply for reinstatement).

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Hardin and Kessler both have a ton of experience in these discussions - we know Hardin, but Jeffrey Kessler is the lawyer who stood up for Tom Brady when Brady was looking at a lengthy  suspension for deflategate.

I think those two will successfully argue for a one year suspension as opposed to indefinite. Watson will be reinstated once the suspension is served (as opposed to having to apply for reinstatement).

Ya, Kessler don’t play. I’m sure they’ll be stipulations in if other cases arise though. That’s the only reason it could be “indefinite”/1 year pending 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, tab said:

If they did or didn’t know about what Watson was doing, i’m glad they did the right thing and paid these women and didn’t drag this thing on

I’m also a bit concerned if they DID know something, and didn’t act on it…

54 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I’m also a bit concerned if they DID know something, and didn’t act on it…

if they knew, then I hope the women are satisfied with the money and can use to heal, and I hope the FO learned a very valuable lesson

If they didnt know, then they should have paid anyway because they unknowingly enabled this

I just hope this is the end and I hope the women are happy with this outcome. Thats really I want at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tab said:

just hope this is the end and I hope the women are happy with this outcome. Thats really I want at this point.

This… plus Easterby getting fired. That’s what I want.

(j/k - very well said).

• Like 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/07/15/denying-knowledge-of-deshaun-watsons-alleged-misconduct-texans-say-they-chose-to-resolve-claims-amicably/amp/

We were shocked and deeply saddened when we first learned of the allegations against our then franchise quarterback in March 2021,” said the statement from owners Janice McNair and Hannah and Cal McNair. “Although our organization did not have any knowledge of Deshaun Watson’s alleged misconduct, we have intentionally chosen to resolve this matter amicably. This is not an admission of any wrongdoing, but instead a clear stand against any form of sexual assault and misconduct.

“We hope that today’s resolution will provide some form of closure to the parties involved, our fans and the Houston community at large. As an organization, we will now turn our focus to the future and doing what we can to ensure respect for all.”

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ET80 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/07/15/denying-knowledge-of-deshaun-watsons-alleged-misconduct-texans-say-they-chose-to-resolve-claims-amicably/amp/

We were shocked and deeply saddened when we first learned of the allegations against our then franchise quarterback in March 2021,” said the statement from owners Janice McNair and Hannah and Cal McNair. “Although our organization did not have any knowledge of Deshaun Watson’s alleged misconduct, we have intentionally chosen to resolve this matter amicably. This is not an admission of any wrongdoing, but instead a clear stand against any form of sexual assault and misconduct.

“We hope that today’s resolution will provide some form of closure to the parties involved, our fans and the Houston community at large. As an organization, we will now turn our focus to the future and doing what we can to ensure respect for all.”

Smart move by the Texans. By settling quickly and releasing this well-crafted statement of narrative control, it separates them further from Watson and anything else that may pop up in the future, as well as the likelihood that those first rounders are now untouchable by the league.

Given that several of the women didn’t settle with Watson and the ones that did took a while to get there, I’m thinking that the Texans didn’t know what was going on, at least in a provable way, and they offered some money just to move past this whole did and their lawyer said take it now and they did. Good for them, money doesn’t make up for being sexual assaulted but it’s nice to get. 

• Like 2