Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

53 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Cleveland sports talk opening their shows with a big “Finally” 

They had 3 months of this….we went on with the circus for a full year 

I'm stunned by the people who conflate this as Watson being found innocent.

No, he wasn't found innocent. By anyone. In fact, Robinson's brief explicitly states his behavior as egregious, but notes no physical violence associated with this as the rationale for her decision.

(That in itself is a flawed premise - sexual assault is not always violent - and setting this as precedence is absolutely the wrong message).

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm stunned by the people who conflate this as Watson being found innocent.

No, he wasn't found innocent. By anyone. In fact, Robinson's brief explicitly states his behavior as egregious, but notes no physical violence associated with this as the rationale for her decision.

(That in itself is a flawed premise - sexual assault is not always violent - and setting this as precedence is absolutely the wrong message).

watson may have sexually assaulted some women but he didnt do anything REALLY egregious like sports betting 

• Like 2

"Finally, I find that the NFL has produced sufficient circumstantial evidence to prove the last prong of the test, that Mr. Watson knew such sexualized contact was unwanted"

"I, therefore, find that the NFL has carried its burden to prove, by a preponderance of the evidence, that Mr. Watson engaged in sexual assault (as defined by the NFL) against the four therapists identified in the Report."

• Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 11:33 AM, Blaze said:

The NFL should be ashamed. So many issues to be had with that 6 game suspension. 

Between this and the Stephen Ross punishment, the NFL is really dropping the ball. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jaytrajik said:

I'm just glad this is no longer our problem and we can move on from this. Regardless if there was a lack of evidence to solidify a harsher punishment, I don't want someone like that on my team. 

Reading her brief, I agree - she didn’t pull any punches, Robinson said Watson knew what he was doing, lied about it on multiple occasions and still shows no remorse for his actions. The fact that she had to conditionally mandate that Watson is to never see a private masseuse as long as he’s playing football is a strong indicator that she believes he’s going to do it again…

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Which means we’re going to federal court - and Watson will be playing until that plays out in completion.

If thats the way it has to be, then so be it. 6 games is too few for 4 cases of sexual assault

edit: also i f*n dare watson to drag this into court. Let his punishment drag into next season too where he can lose some real money

Edited by tab