Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

4 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I'm just predicting it happens. 30 settlements says you were involved. 

No, it says the Texans are closing the book on the Deshaun Watson era after a tumultuous 18 months. Deshaun Watson himself said the Texans had no knowledge of his frequency of massage therapist in court documents.

Here’s the official statement from the Texans. To date, the NFL hasn’t commented on the Texans in relation to Deshaun Watson.

https://www.khou.com/article/sports/houston-texans-settle-deshaun-watson-cases/285-25327b0d-a5a3-4fef-8058-dd2bca6bc18e

“We were shocked and deeply saddened when we first learned of allegations against our then franchise quarterback in March 2021.

Although our organization did not have any knowledge of Deshaun Watson's alleged misconduct, we have intentionally chosen to resolve this matter amicably. This is not an admission of any wrongdoing, but instead a clear stand against any form of sexual assault and misconduct."

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yet...

His situation isn't even finished yet. 

You guys will be next. 

His situation is now all Cleveland’s. The Deshaun Watson era is over in Houston.

Tell you what - I’ll bet you it’s over for the Texans. If I’m right, you never post in this sub again. If I’m wrong, I’ll let you make a reasonable request of me.

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

His situation is now all Cleveland’s. The Deshaun Watson era is over in Houston.

Tell you what - I’ll bet you it’s over for the Texans. If I’m right, you never post in this sub again. If I’m wrong, I’ll let you make a reasonable request of me.

So if you win I never post in the Texans forum again? I'm not sure what you mean by "sub"  If so I'd be cool with that

My request would just be a you wear an avatar of my choice for the season. 

The thing is though I'm not sure if it would happen asap. Like this Miami Dolphins thing took a few months. So I'd give it like a 6th month timeline. 

Edited by brownie man

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

So if you win I never post in the Texans forum again? I'm not sure what you mean by "sub"  If so I'd be cool with that

Good.

My request would just be a you wear an avatar of my choice for the season. 

Fair.

The thing is though I'm not sure if it would happen asap. Like this Miami Dolphins thing took a few months. So I'd give it like a 6th month timeline. 

I’ll give it until the start of the fiscal 2023 season - March 1, 2023.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Good.

Fair.

I’ll give it until the start of the fiscal 2023 season - March 1, 2023.

Deal! lol 

Fun bet I don't post here much anyway. I'll set a reminder in my phone now. If you win fair is fair for sure. I gotta start thinking of the best avatar lol. 

I don’t think we get more than a fine of we get anything. That depends if there’s anything the league knows that the public doesn’t though, but I think the league is probably happy we settled with all the women in a timely matter and put a PR bow on it

Edited by tab
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, tab said:

I don’t think we get more than a fine of we get anything. That depends if there’s anything the league knows that the public doesn’t though, but I think the league is probably happy we settled with all the women in a timely matter and put a PR bow on it

I agree, there might be a token fine at most. I also agree the Texans did exactly what the NFL wants - settle and get it out of the way as soon as it became public. Don't proclaim innocence, don't get into a Twitter war with Tony Buzbee, don't prolong this any longer than it has to be - pay it off, issue a statement and move forward.

Had Watson done that in the beginning when Solis first made her claims, I think this situation is done before the start of the 2021 season and Watson gets his initial wish of going to Miami via draft day trade. 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 6:28 AM, ET80 said:

I agree, there might be a token fine at most. I also agree the Texans did exactly what the NFL wants - settle and get it out of the way as soon as it became public. Don't proclaim innocence, don't get into a Twitter war with Tony Buzbee, don't prolong this any longer than it has to be - pay it off, issue a statement and move forward.

Had Watson done that in the beginning when Solis first made her claims, I think this situation is done before the start of the 2021 season and Watson gets his initial wish of going to Miami via draft day trade. 

I believe you are correct here and that there will be no more mention of the Texans as far as league punishment. That said, if you lose the bet with brownie there is only one avatar and that will be Jack Easterby.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Ole boy and his camp is SCRAMBLING 

But they tried to negotiate a deal and him and his camp didn’t want to hear it 🤣🤣

The NFL is about to take their towel off and let their nuts hang on this suspension. Pun intented.

• Like 2