Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

7 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

There's no reason he won't be reinstated, as much as many of us would like to hope. He's a money maker.

i dont have any more hope for anything positive, or anything that resembles actual justice in this whole situation

Edited by tab
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Not represented by Tony Buzbee either - Jane Doe is represented by Anissah Nguyen. 

I'm pretty sure this will be vetted, but I'd be surprised if the NFL re-opens the cases.

I don't remember if his suspension was conditional on more cases not popping up?

4 minutes ago, Blaze said:

I don't remember if his suspension was conditional on more cases not popping up?

I know there was a condition of Watson going to therapy and getting approved by a professional... But any new cases seems like a stipulation someone would add.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I know there was a condition of Watson going to therapy and getting approved by a professional... But any new cases seems like a stipulation someone would add.

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

I'll just sit back and see how the NFL handles this.

Edited by Blaze
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 8/5/2022 at 7:15 PM, ET80 said:

Good.

Fair.

I’ll give it until the start of the fiscal 2023 season - March 1, 2023.

@ET80

I know you don’t think I forgot about our bet did you? 😂 

League year didn’t start officially till yesterday and looks like this happened before then directly dealing with Deshaun’s situation. Don’t worry I got your sig ready for you 😉

Edited by brownie man

On 8/5/2022 at 8:53 PM, brownie man said:

Yet...

His situation isn't even finished yet. 

You guys will be next. 

I think you’re mistaken. Texans were fined for a Salary Cap mistake, not for the *actions* of Watson at the Houstonian.

This was a fine due to an accounting error, not his *actions* at the Houstonian - as your tweet plainly stated.

Nice try, but - you can leave now. (I had honestly forgotten about this, so thanks for reminding me).

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 7:07 PM, ET80 said:

His situation is now all Cleveland’s. The Deshaun Watson era is over in Houston.

Tell you what - I’ll bet you it’s over for the Texans. If I’m right, you never post in this sub again. If I’m wrong, I’ll let you make a reasonable request of me.

But if you look at the bet it was regarding the Deshaun Watson era. The Houstonian was a central part of the entire saga. I would disagree here. You all didn’t get stripped a 5th round pick for nothing that wasn’t substantial. A 5th round pick is a legitimate punishment. 

I said y’all would get stripped a pick and y’all literally got stripped a pick. I see no way how you can read what you wrote and think you didn’t lose the bet. Just look what you wrote. 

Just now, brownie man said:

But if you look at the bet it was regarding the Deshaun Watson era. The Houstonian was a central part of the entire saga.

But in no way is it related to what Deshaun Watson was punished for. Watson himself said the Texans didn’t know what he was doing there in his civil trial. So no - this is not the same.

This was an accounting error perpetrated by the dumbest GM in sports history and not related to the crimes allegedly committed by Watson. Had there been a semi competent GM in place to convert $26,000 in base salary to a signing bonus payable via membership fees to the Houstonian, this is above board.

I don’t know how you don’t get that, given the punishment as announced by Schefter and the NFL. You’re spinning it to meet your definition, and pretty much everything stated on the subject disagrees with you.

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I said y’all would get stripped a pick and y’all literally got stripped a pick.

For an accounting error, not being complicit in these crimes. You also said that 30 settlements said the Texans knew something and that’s why it wasn’t over - this plainly is a different situation.

Stop while you’re ahead.

7 minutes ago, brownie man said:

You all didn’t get stripped a 5th round pick for nothing that wasn’t substantial. A 5th round pick is a legitimate punishment. 

Because the Texans did circumvent the salary cap by providing a monetary value to Watson without reporting it against the cap. Teams are punished frequently for subverting the salary cap (Denver in ‘99, Dallas in 2011) and this is in line with that.

You hear “punishment” and “Watson” and you incorrectly correlate this event to his civil and criminal cases. These are not the same.