Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Because the Texans did circumvent the salary cap by providing a monetary value to Watson without reporting it against the cap. Teams are punished frequently for subverting the salary cap (Denver in ‘99, Dallas in 2011) and this is in line with that.

You hear “punishment” and “Watson” and you incorrectly correlate this event to his civil and criminal cases. These are not the same.

Dog his access to the Houstonian was what started all this stuff. It was literally the core part of the issue. The enablement y’all FO gave him was central to the entire situation. 

Y’all FO gave him access outside of what is financially in the rules to the same hotel all these accusations took place at. You can act like they’re not connected if you want. Y’all ain’t got a 5th rounder for a reason and it’s because y’all FO lied and enabled him outside of the financial rules of the league. 

Just now, brownie man said:

Dog his access to the Houstonian was what started all this stuff. It was literally the core part of the issue. The enablement y’all FO gave him was central to the entire situation. 

I’m aware, “dog”. What you’re not aware of is that no punishment would have been administered if the Texans reported it on the cap. 

How is this that difficult to understand?

Just now, jch1911 said:

But I think it comes down to a central question: would the Texans have been punished (fine & lost pick) if it were another player?  

If the answer to that is, yes = @ET80

If the answer is no, then @brownie man

https://www.milehighreport.com/2015/5/9/8577091/the-truth-behind-the-denver-broncos-salary-cap-scandal

Different team - Denver was docked a 3rd round pick and fined $950k for deferred payments to John Elway/Terrell Davis.

The precedent is there to fine and strip for salary cap accounting issues. This isn’t specific to Watson.

Just so we can put this to bed:

https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/HOUSTON-TEXANS-DISCIPLINED-FOR-SALARY-CAP-REPORTING-VIOLATION.aspx

The Houston Texans will forfeit their original fifth-round selection in the 2023 NFL Draft and have been fined $175,000 for a salary cap reporting violation, the NFL announced today.

Pursuant to the salary cap requirements in the Collective Bargaining Agreement, clubs must report any player compensation or benefit.

If you have evidence of the contrary from this official statement from the NFL, please feel free to share with the class.

tks

13 hours ago, brownie man said:

i cant believe watson molested women just because he had access to the houstonian and definitely wouldnt have done so otherwise, despite molesting women at their own businesses and other hotels and his home and the first case also being at the women's home

/s

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2023 at 5:51 AM, ET80 said:

I think you’re mistaken. Texans were fined for a Salary Cap mistake, not for the *actions* of Watson at the Houstonian.

This was a fine due to an accounting error, not his *actions* at the Houstonian - as your tweet plainly stated.

Nice try, but - you can leave now. (I had honestly forgotten about this, so thanks for reminding me).

Go ET80 make this guy answer yes or or else anything else is a square dance

60 million for a 79 qb rating qb plus 

6 high draft picks you won we lost my friend. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Go ET80 make this guy answer yes or or else anything else is a square dance

I’m perfectly content with him not saying a word. Silence is the best “yes” you can get.

2 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

60 million for a 79 qb rating qb plus 

6 high draft picks you won we lost my friend. 

I honestly hope he figures some of it out, because I want you to win, too - here’s to hoping!

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I’m perfectly content with him not saying a word. Silence is the best “yes” you can get.

I honestly hope he figures some of it out, because I want you to win, too - here’s to hoping!

To be honest he will have to play his best games in horrible weather I do not see that.

Could not fine 1 pass in bad weather where the ball traveled 50 yards in the air if this is true he is done.

He has 2 speedster though neither is very good to prove his meddle.

So prove me wrong there is a reason he chose to stay in the south.Tuesday Morning Dog GIF by Sealed With A GIF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

To be honest I do not blame leshaun as much as stefanski 

Stefanski has coached this team to within 1 game of Freddie Kitchens kindave of funny how a board made up of experts did not bring that up 1 time.

Shows the stefanski and leshaun bias on this board.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...