Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

10 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Report is still that the Texans aren’t even listening to offers 

I believe it too. I think until Watson's camp plays hard ball they will stay with this stance.

That being said... I expect in the next couple weeks for his camp to pretty much tell HOU that he will never put on their jersey ever again. So its in their best interest to trade him now. 

1 hour ago, tab said:

It’s interesting how it’s also in the jets best interest that they trade him now

I think any team who wants him and has a realistic shot at getting him wants him before 3/15. So they know how to attack FA. Also how they can sell a FA. Lets say the Jets want AR15. Its a totally different pitch to him with Watson at QB than Darnold or a rookie at QB. 

Crazy thought, but let's have some fun with it. Two part question: first, if Watson refuses to play another down for Houston, what's your interest in the Texans swapping Deshaun Watson for Russell Wilson. Second part, is what else would you need to see included in the deal to make it work? 

• Like 1

Just now, LORK88 said:

Crazy thought, but let's have some fun with it. Two part question: first, if Watson refuses to play another down for Houston, what's your interest in the Texans swapping Deshaun Watson for Russell Wilson. Second part, is what else would you need to see included in the deal to make it work? 

This might be the only thing that would keep me as a Texans fan if they decide to trade Watson. Not sure Wilson would go for it lol. 

For them to throw in their 1st and 2nd this year. 

32 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

This might be the only thing that would keep me as a Texans fan if they decide to trade Watson. Not sure Wilson would go for it lol. 

For them to throw in their 1st and 2nd this year. 

Here's the tricky part: They traded their 1st this year and next year to the Jets for Jamal Adams. So now the question is are their any players on their roster that you'd be inclined to add into the deal? 

23 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

Here's the tricky part: They traded their 1st this year and next year to the Jets for Jamal Adams. So now the question is are their any players on their roster that you'd be inclined to add into the deal? 

... Jamal Adams. 😄

• Like 1

If we don’t trade him and he sits and doesn’t play a single snap, that kind of works in our favor honestly. If he faked it, we’d have to pay him, but If he sits out the entire year, doesn’t that mean we can roll that extra $ over into next year? We can be god awful this year and draft in the top 3 next year with extra $ and with whatever picks we net from a Watson trade (or if we keep him, whatever)

10 hours ago, tab said:

If we don’t trade him and he sits and doesn’t play a single snap, that kind of works in our favor honestly. If he faked it, we’d have to pay him, but If he sits out the entire year, doesn’t that mean we can roll that extra $ over into next year? We can be god awful this year and draft in the top 3 next year with extra $ and with whatever picks we net from a Watson trade (or if we keep him, whatever)

I don’t think he has the liquid assets available to pay the money he would owe if he just doesn’t show up.