Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

3 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

If that's the case, then I'll start the petition to make @jch1911the Texans GM after the haul he got in FFMD.

I think it's less to do with what @jch1911 can pull (because he pulled a TON) but moreso that more - very ugly - information is about to come out, and GMs are going to assume there's a lengthy suspension coming down the pipeline.

Tony Buzbee is sitting on a nuclear time bomb he's just waiting to unleash - call it gut instinct, but that's what I'm feeling.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/30/tony-buzbee-wont-provide-information-regarding-deshaun-watson-to-houston-police-department-after-all/

Buzbee now backtracking on his claim to share information with authorities. I am not buying his BS. I am not saying the "victims" claims are valid or invalid, I am saying, as many of us are, for Buzbee it is only about the money. Florio makes a great point if your clients can't seek help from the police because of who Buzbee is (according to Buzbee) then clearly he is doing his clients a disservice and withdraw as counsel... since it is about justice and not the money. 

14 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

I am saying, as many of us are, for Buzbee it is only about the money

We all sort of knew this going into it. One thing we also need to know... is that Buzbee is REALLY good at this. 

He's a lawyer from a modest middle class family that is now as rich as some NFL owners... simply because he's good at this sort of litigation. He's a blowhard, he tries to be a huge political presence and is a huge Texas A&M homer. But... he's a dangerous lawyer in these settings.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

What I don't understand is why Deshauns gone to almost 40 or more that we know about masseuses in only a couple of years. There's a fetish or something going on with this guy.... 

Well, I think that's clear.

FWIW, with Buzbee not willing to submit to police, Harden counters with 18 masseuses who will vouch for Watson.

https://sports.yahoo.com/as-deshaun-watson-litigation-reaches-21-civil-suits-his-attorney-counters-with-18-masseuses-claiming-routine-interactions-184732316.html

I don't think any sane person thinks Watson doesn't have a fetish, or asked for extras.    And yes, he exposed himself.   Again, these are misdemeanor crimes at worst.   The 3 cases which allege unwanted sex acts were with 2 ppl who either were flown in and met in private, or he flew to meet in private, or a masseuse with no actual massage experience, and who didn't realize it wasn't part of an actual massage.   That's what's posted in their complaints, not Watson's response.  

There's ZERO chance in this day & age where the NFL doesn't penalize him, even if it's just to keep their image of being zero-tolerant on personal misconduct.  But there's a huge distinction between career-ending acts, and weird/distasteful.    There's no way a team would make a deal until this is resolved, but this is also why the process needs to play out.   So far, what's been orchestrated is a media campaign to try and make it impossible for Watson to look clean in the court of public opinion.  He's definitely no church choirboy - and it's a weird fetish, to say the least.   But that's also not the same as career-ending acts of assault/battery, either.   If the allegations on the 3 sex acts are true, he's done.   But if the verdict is that he's a guy with a weird fetish who asks for services from therapists who some do, and some don't offer, well, his career will likely survive. 

People are so quick to condemn without the whole picture - or exonerate, too, to be fair.    It's why the whole process needs to play out before ppl reach a final verdict. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

But if the verdict is that he's a guy with a weird fetish who asks for services from therapists who some do, and some don't offer, well, his career will likely survive. 

I don't think anyone doubts this - I mean, Tyreek Hill did objectively worse in college and (allegedly) as a pro, and he's one of the highest paid WRs in football. Ben Roethlensberger, Kareem Hunt, Greg Hardy - you need to kill someone (a la Aaron Hernandez, Rae Carruth) to get kicked out of the league. (Leonard Little and Donta Stallworth proves this too can be ignored).

The league has proven to put a premium on talent. If you can run fast, throw accurately and win games, you'll get a few mulligans. If you can't crack 4.0 ypc (Ray Rice) or you're a depth OL for a team with a bad OL (Chad Wheeler) well... The room for error isn't as good. Put up double digit sacks (Greg Hardy) or put up 1,800 YFS (Kareem Hunt) and the rope gets longer. If you're a QB who can go for 4,000/33/7, you're going to have a little leeway when the dust settles.

Five years from now, a new crop of people could come claiming new allegations against Watson - if he's leading his next team to a 13-3 record and a SB win, nobody will care.

What would it take for you guys, as fans, to want to trade Watson right now?  For example, if someone came to the Texans and said "I'll give you my 1st and 2nd round picks this year and take the problem off of your hands completely."  Would that do it, or is it still at the point where a deal like that would be a joke? 

It would really hurt to give a player of that quality away, but at the same time it's kind of getting to the point where the Texans are gambling to keep him too.

8 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

What would it take for you guys, as fans, to want to trade Watson right now?  For example, if someone came to the Texans and said "I'll give you my 1st and 2nd round picks this year and take the problem off of your hands completely."  Would that do it, or is it still at the point where a deal like that would be a joke? 

It would really hurt to give a player of that quality away, but at the same time it's kind of getting to the point where the Texans are gambling to keep him too.

It's weird. I want him gone, simply to be done with ALL of this - the sexual misconduct, the cryptic rap lyrics, the "what do you want for him" trade offers - I'm done.

This being said, this will be forgotten in a season if not midway through the season. If the Texans trade him, they shouldn't accept anything less than what the Lions got for Stafford.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It's weird. I want him gone, simply to be done with ALL of this - the sexual misconduct, the cryptic rap lyrics, the "what do you want for him" trade offers - I'm done.

This being said, this will be forgotten in a season if not midway through the season. If the Texans trade him, they shouldn't accept anything less than what the Lions got for Stafford.

Yeah, that sounds like it would potentially be a fair deal for both sides.  Good luck with the whole thing, ET.  No fan base deserves to go through something like this.  :(

• Like 2