Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

On 3/31/2021 at 6:31 PM, ET80 said:

I don't think anyone doubts this - I mean, Tyreek Hill did objectively worse in college and (allegedly) as a pro, and he's one of the highest paid WRs in football. Ben Roethlensberger, Kareem Hunt, Greg Hardy - you need to kill someone (a la Aaron Hernandez, Rae Carruth) to get kicked out of the league. (Leonard Little and Donta Stallworth proves this too can be ignored).

The league has proven to put a premium on talent. If you can run fast, throw accurately and win games, you'll get a few mulligans. If you can't crack 4.0 ypc (Ray Rice) or you're a depth OL for a team with a bad OL (Chad Wheeler) well... The room for error isn't as good. Put up double digit sacks (Greg Hardy) or put up 1,800 YFS (Kareem Hunt) and the rope gets longer. If you're a QB who can go for 4,000/33/7, you're going to have a little leeway when the dust settles.

Five years from now, a new crop of people could come claiming new allegations against Watson - if he's leading the Panthers to a 13-3 record and a SB win, nobody will care.

Fixed the typing error.

On 3/31/2021 at 2:57 PM, Broncofan said:

FWIW, with Buzbee not willing to submit to police, Harden counters with 18 masseuses who will vouch for Watson.

I think Buzbee got EXACTLY what he wanted out of this...

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/houston-police-investigating-deshaun-watson-woman-files-complaint/285-c2c4e91f-3d8e-4b91-92ab-fe5354851baf

And I thought Jack Easterby was Littlefinger. Holy hell, Tony Buzbee...

11 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:
16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This Tony Buzbee press conference sounds really bad for Watson... 

big time

It actually sounds pretty bad for the Texans, too. If people inside the organization knew and merely said "walk it off" to people who complained about his behavior, the entire organization is in hot water - Cal, Jack, Janice, Hannah - the whole lot of 'em.

I'm sure people will have to be validate if the person responding is actually employed by the Texans or a contractor who "knows" Texans players and employees. But... if it was a certified Texans trainer or staff member... the McNair family is about to lose this franchise. 

Hate him all you want, Buzbee knows you win when you control the narrative. Win or lose, settle or not, criminal or civil - nobody is going to look at Deshaun Watson the same again.

• Like 1

Watson is untradable now. It's being discussed that the Texans will have to cut him to get from underneath this issue.

Buzbee managed to find one of the 18 that Rusty Hardin therapists and found messages that contradicted everything she said on behalf of Watson. That was HUGE.

I'm starting to think Watson won't play in the NFL again. It was THAT bad. Buzbee just landed a Mike Tyson-like blow.

25 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Watson is untradable now. It's being discussed that the Texans will have to cut him to get from underneath this issue.

Buzbee managed to find one of the 18 that Rusty Hardin therapists and found messages that contradicted everything she said on behalf of Watson. That was HUGE.

I'm starting to think Watson won't play in the NFL again. It was THAT bad. Buzbee just landed a Mike Tyson-like blow.

Yeah, when Buzbee first made his post on Instagram announcing the lawsuit it seemed like it was BS. Now a few weeks later and this looks to be very legitimate and it looks more and more like Watson is a serial predator like the one accuser said. 

Hardin and Watson need to do more than come out with 20 masseuses saying Watson was professional with them, because Buzbee also has 20 saying he wasn’t, all showing an extremely similar pattern of targeting “masseuses” over IG dms. This isn’t 20 people saying Watson was professional and 1 person says he wasn’t and even still just because Watson was professional with other masseuses doesn’t mean he was with others!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

This Tony Buzbee press conference sounds really bad for Watson... 

I hate Easterby and this guy Buzbee seems shady as well. I was also fiercely defensive of Watson. But now that we have a name and a face behind some of the accusations, I just cannot support Watson anymore. It’s based on my personal history and luckily I’m not involved in this whole mess, but I tend to believe the accusers more until proven otherwise. This is why I’m not on a jury. It’s also weird that Watson has had this many different masseuse over the years. I just can’t see this ending well for Watson’s NFL career. At least the foreseeable future. There have others that have come back.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 11:50 AM, amazingandre said:

I hated Matt Schaub and yet I miss him. 

I hate Brock Osweiler.

That's all I wanted to say... I hate Brock Osweiler.

• Like 1

https://abc13.com/deshaun-watson-accuser-ashley-solis-rusty-hardin-who-is/10492354/

Tony Buzbee: You want names? Here are two people willing to put their names out in this drama, here are text messages and DMs showing that something didn't go right in those encounters, here is a person Rusty brought to vouch for Watson and her ACTUAL feelings towards what Watson is doing. There is a pattern here. We have a significant issue and now we have two criminal cases pending.

Rusty Hardin: ...well. One of those girls once asked for money.

---------------------------

It's really telling that Team Watson isn't even denying the accusations, various comments from others, and any other rabbit hole opened up today - just Ashley Solis' motives in all of this.

Very telling.

• Like 3

So Watson is kicked out of the NFL now or what?  

Cannot imagine how Watson's mother feels with this, she must be so disappointed.  Even if not all of it is true, a damn lot of it absolutely is.