Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Not yet - and I doubt he gets kicked out. Tyreek Hill is still in the league...

Talent wins out.

True, Tyreek's was domestic violence mostly before he got to the NFL but still is awful, and Kareem Hunt clearly is in the NFL as well still after that terrible video.  This behavior by Watson is serial predator behavior and not a domestic violence issue.  

Either way it is an awful look for the NFL and at some point they maybe should try and correct and or punish said behavior at some point.  They do a good job with alcohol abuse and drug abuse, punishments for that but not much for other things it seems.  

1 hour ago, tab said:

i doubt he's out of the league, im sure he'll settle and maybe miss some games

Yeah he should settle, admit it and pay everyone the settlement and maybe can move on but doubt he does it.  Will stay with the he said she said until there is more literal proof that it happens and he cannot go anywhere from it.   

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

True, Tyreek's was domestic violence mostly before he got to the NFL but still is awful, and Kareem Hunt clearly is in the NFL as well still after that terrible video.  This behavior by Watson is serial predator behavior and not a domestic violence issue.  

Ben Roethlensberger comes to mind. I doubt you're going to find an EXACT match, but that's close enough.

15 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah he should settle, admit it and pay everyone the settlement and maybe can move on but doubt he does it.  Will stay with the he said she said until there is more literal proof that it happens and he cannot go anywhere from it.   

his lawyers will probably dirty it up some by saying it was consensual, they're lying for money, etc etc. Just build enough doubt that enough people wont see it as an admittance of guilt or whatever

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Ben Roethlensberger comes to mind. I doubt you're going to find an EXACT match, but that's close enough.

True, even more reason that yeah NFL kind of has a problem with handling these issues.  Either way Ben did not involve 22 lawsuits against him all at the same time accusing him of pretty close to the same thing each time.  That is wildly different but will see how it plays out.   

1 minute ago, tab said:

his lawyers will probably dirty it up some by saying it was consensual, they're lying for money, etc etc. Just build enough doubt that enough people wont see it as an admittance of guilt or whatever

Maybe, but that one interview today, she said she has worked for way more rich and famous clients than Watson before, so it is not like she is just some massage therapist.  And there is a line of girls with similar to the exact same stories, sure some in another camp that defended Watson and said they were not treated like that, but clearly he did not do it with all of them, still does not mean these other women are lying.  

Either way the dude is seeing what a instagram model and that is not enough for him?  The story just seems to be getting worse and worse for him and seems more and more like yeah it absolutely happened.  

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm starting to think Watson won't play in the NFL again. It was THAT bad. Buzbee just landed a Mike Tyson-like blow.

People that are in jail have a hard time making it to practice, let alone a game on a Sunday. 

6 hours ago, Xenos said:

It’s also weird that Watson has had this many different masseuse over the years. 

IS it weird, though? Considering?

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I hate Brock Osweiler.

He only has nice things to say about you, though. 

1 hour ago, tab said:

i doubt he's out of the league, im sure he'll settle and maybe miss some games

He's missing an entire year, at minimum. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

People that are in jail have a hard time making it to practice, let alone a game on a Sunday. 

Interesting thought here - if he's convicted, he'd have to register with the state as a sex offender. If he's traded anywhere, his ability to register with that state would have to be factored into everything.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Interesting thought here - if he's convicted, he'd have to register with the state as a sex offender. If he's traded anywhere, his ability to register with that state would have to be factored into everything.

Yikes.

Yeah, you're right about that. Crazy. 

23 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Maybe, but that one interview today, she said she has worked for way more rich and famous clients than Watson before, so it is not like she is just some massage therapist.  And there is a line of girls with similar to the exact same stories, sure some in another camp that defended Watson and said they were not treated like that, but clearly he did not do it with all of them, still does not mean these other women are lying.  

Either way the dude is seeing what a instagram model and that is not enough for him?  The story just seems to be getting worse and worse for him and seems more and more like yeah it absolutely happened.  

yeah idk. im just really pessimistic about the situation when it comes to punishment for this. at the end of the day its a he said she said situation, and historically watson's been as pristine as it gets when it comes to behavioral baggage. he'll get some kind of benefit of a doubt

41 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

IS it weird, though? Considering?

He only has nice things to say about you, though. 

He's missing an entire year, at minimum. 

I mean it’s weird in the fact that it doesn’t look good that he had that many masseuse which means he either had a fetish or is possibly guilty of some of these things. All IMO of course.

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

He’s being sued in civil court, I don’t think criminal charges have been filed yet. You can lose in civil court without being declared a sex offender. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

He’s being sued in civil court, I don’t think criminal charges have been filed yet. You can lose in civil court without being declared a sex offender. 

Criminal charges were filed last Friday.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/02/houston-police-department-announces-investigation-of-deshaun-watson/

Ashley Solis also announced yesterday that she's filling with HPD.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/04/06/deshaun-watson-ashley-solis-massage-therapist-houston/

So, this is a criminal matter as well as a civil matter now.

11 hours ago, Xenos said:

I mean it’s weird in the fact that it doesn’t look good that he had that many masseuse which means he either had a fetish or is possibly guilty of some of these things. All IMO of course.

You're right. Doesn't look good, and points to the probability of some really pervy behavior. 

• Like 1