Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

While this is the case, it doesn't mean it CAN'T happen. Here's the definition of the list, per the NFL:

https://www.nfl.com/news/what-is-the-reserve-commissioner-exempt-list-0ap3000000725141

The Exempt List is a special player status available to clubs only in unusual circumstances. The List includes those players who have been declared by the Commissioner to be temporarily exempt from counting within the Active List limit. Only the Commissioner has the authority to place a player on the Exempt List; clubs have no such authority, and no exemption, regardless of circumstances, is automatic. The Commissioner also has the authority to determine in advance whether a player's time on the Exempt List will be finite or will continue until the Commissioner deems the exemption should be lifted and the player returned to the Active List.

As you can see, it's ambiguous in nature. Nobody really knows what drives "unusual circumstances"... except the Commissioner. 

This isn't Ben Roethlensberger or Antonio Brown - neither had victim counts going into the 20s. That's... unusual, IMO (but, I'm not the commish).

If a charge gets laid, I'd expect Watson goes on the list same day.   If it doesn't, I suspect it stays in limbo.    The NFL gets cover either way.   In a lot of ways, that's what they're looking for.    

4 hours ago, Marco79 said:

I am really just shocked at how little has come from Hardin and Watson in response to everything brought to light so far. It makes me think they really have no response to it because it all happened. The responses they have given (getting 20 masseuses to say he acted appropriately, saying one accuser tried to extort them, and that Ashley Solis asked for a settlement of 100k) doesn’t disprove any of the claims.

lol i was just thinking that Watson's team is saying they dont have anything to work with bc the names and situations are anonymous so like.. did they send messages to every single masseuse watson has worked with? thinking that 18 responded, and process of elimination they maybe know who's who but they dont want to accidentally give buzbee ammo by listing incidents with women that maybe havent actually come forward yet

makes me wonder just how many massage ladies he was in contact with, like sheesh you know this is probably not including women who simply didnt respond or refused to

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marco79 said:

Nike suspended Deshaun’s endorsement deal and Beats terminated their deal with him.

I am really just shocked at how little has come from Hardin and Watson in response to everything brought to light so far. It makes me think they really have no response to it because it all happened. The responses they have given (getting 20 masseuses to say he acted appropriately, saying one accuser tried to extort them, and that Ashley Solis asked for a settlement of 100k) doesn’t disprove any of the claims.

Yea but lefty’s famous cheesesteaks is ride or die

On 4/7/2021 at 9:41 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

Lost in all this is whether or not watson will show up if he’s allowed to. 

The Texans will probably tell him to stay away, ala the Titans and Steve McNair. The bridge is now burnt in both directions - Nick Caserio went from "we're not trading him" pre-alligations to "we'll evaluate and do what's best for the Texans" post-alligations, which is corporate speak for "Tyrod Taylor is our starter for 2021 and beyond, Deshaun Watson will not play for this team ever again..."

They don't want this distraction in the middle of a rebuild. 

49 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

Yea but lefty’s famous cheesesteaks is ride or die

Real talk - I didn't think Lefty's was that good. The variety and toppings were unique and tasty, but the quality and flavor of the meat? Sort of bland, like someone didn't season it before cooking. Both times I had it, I came away unimpressed.

Texadelphia still holds the crown of best cheesesteak in Houston (and it's quality, let me tell you - I'd say it wouldn't beat Geno's in Philadelphia, but people would still say Texadelphia went hard in the paint).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Lost in all this is whether or not watson will show up if he’s allowed to. 

i think i saw somewhere that he gets paid if he's on the commissioner exempt list as opposed to not getting paid if he sits out, so maybe he starts showing up now that his endorsements are dropping

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Real talk - I didn't think Lefty's was that good. The variety and toppings were unique and tasty, but the quality and flavor of the meat? Sort of bland, like someone didn't season it before cooking. Both times I had it, I came away unimpressed.

Texadelphia still holds the crown of best cheesesteak in Houston (and it's quality, let me tell you - I'd say it wouldn't beat Geno's in Philadelphia, but people would still say Texadelphia went hard in the paint).

i went to texadelphia in galveston and i dont like cheesesteaks, but that place was a revolution

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tab said:

i went to texadelphia in galveston and i dont like cheesesteaks, but that place was a revolution

Back in college, I dated a bartender who worked there - I got a chance to sample their newest creations before they made the menu, they have artists working there. Pure joy, that's all I can think of from those days.

Dammit, now I need to get some tomorrow.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Back in college, I dated a bartender who worked there - I got a chance to sample their newest creations before they made the menu, they have artists working there. Pure joy, that's all I can think of from those days.

Dammit, now I need to get some tomorrow.

Bartender or cheesesteaks? 

40 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Watson is toast. His new defense is that everything that happened was consensual. That’s never gonna hold up when 22 women are saying it wasn’t. 

To be fair.... I think his attorney said there were consensual encounters (not all of them... or at least that was not my understanding)

• Like 1