Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

Just now, tab said:

i dont get people who think we should just cut him. Like, why reward him for this behavior??? 

It's less about rewarding, but the franchise washing their hands from this mess. I get the end result is what Watson wants, however.

I don't believe the team should cut Watson, but I sort of get why it's a discussion point.

6 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

This situation is just ugh, this entire off season is just one huge cluster of a mess. Out of all the teams I could cheer for, this is the team that gets locked into such a situation. 

I can't think of a worse off-season for any team in any sport. Maybe the Astros after the WS loss to the Nats, when they lost Gerrit Cole and had the fallout from the sign stealing scandal (Hinch/Lunhow)?

It's definitely a Houston thing, that's for sure.

If we cut Watson, we could void his contract right? Surely there’s a clause in there that protects us from something like this right?

seems like it’s all making sense. He rips through all the ladies in Houston and started flying them in from out of state and then decided he wanted to be traded. Makes sense now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

If we cut Watson, we could void his contract right?

I think - don't hold me to it - we'd have to see Watson suspended before the Texans could start recouping money and voiding cap amounts. We did it with Bradley Roby and his contract, Jax did it with Fournette - so that's commonplace. We'll need the league office to suspend him first, though.

If the Texans cut him right now, it would be similar to what the Patriots had when they cut Aaron Hernandez - they had to take the cap hit until Hernandez was found guilty of murder; Only then did NEP have the recourse necessary to claw back money and void any sort of salary cap hit (granted, it was seven years after Hernandez's conviction/suicide).

https://www.patspulpit.com/2020/7/11/21321069/patriots-salary-cap-credit-outstanding-grievances-antonio-brown-aaron-hernandez

Nick Caserio probably has very detailed notes on this, given he was with NEP at this time.

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

seems like it’s all making sense. He rips through all the ladies in Houston and started flying them in from out of state and then decided he wanted to be traded. Makes sense now. 

I don't know how this tracks - Buzbee would have pursued charges no matter where Watson was. If anything - the coverage of this issue would be exponentially worse had he been in NY, a fleet of paparazzi would be chasing Watson like Von Miller would after killing Xavier Sua-Filo at the line - it would have been relentless coverage, Watson wouldn't have a moment of peace.

NY media would have been so much worse than Houston media...

14 hours ago, ET80 said:

I think - don't hold me to it - we'd have to see Watson suspended before the Texans could start recouping money and voiding cap amounts. We did it with Bradley Roby and his contract, Jax did it with Fournette - so that's commonplace. We'll need the league office to suspend him first, though.

If the Texans cut him right now, it would be similar to what the Patriots had when they cut Aaron Hernandez - they had to take the cap hit until Hernandez was found guilty of murder; Only then did NEP have the recourse necessary to claw back money and void any sort of salary cap hit (granted, it was seven years after Hernandez's conviction/suicide).

https://www.patspulpit.com/2020/7/11/21321069/patriots-salary-cap-credit-outstanding-grievances-antonio-brown-aaron-hernandez

Nick Caserio probably has very detailed notes on this, given he was with NEP at this time.

I don't know how this tracks - Buzbee would have pursued charges no matter where Watson was. If anything - the coverage of this issue would be exponentially worse had he been in NY, a fleet of paparazzi would be chasing Watson like Von Miller would after killing Xavier Sua-Filo at the line - it would have been relentless coverage, Watson wouldn't have a moment of peace.

NY media would have been so much worse than Houston media...

I was mainly just referring to him getting a larger selection of women, not him trying to run from problems 

• Like 1

Regardless if Watson manages to get away scot-free in the court of law, his reputation has been damaged severely. You've got to wonder if Watson and his lawyers did get offered to settle, why they didn't choose to go with that route? Were they that delusional they could control the narrative, or was Watson not forthcoming?

4 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Regardless if Watson manages to get away scot-free in the court of law, his reputation has been damaged severely. You've got to wonder if Watson and his lawyers did get offered to settle, why they didn't choose to go with that route? Were they that delusional they could control the narrative, or was Watson not forthcoming?

Supposedly that’s what Buzzbee said he got from Watson Camp, they’re pretty arrogant. Biting Watson in the *** now.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 4:08 PM, RuskieTitan said:

Most people when accused with sexual misconduct, even when caught red handed, go down swinging. Of course I’m sure when the initial demand letter showed up Watson had no idea it would balloon like it did. Hindsight being 20/20 in retrospect I’d bet he would settle quietly with no admission of wrong doing, if the other side signed a NDA.