Antonio Gandy Golden

What are the chances you think he develops into anything? A lot of rookies had solid games, and we just never heard from him at all. Injuries were bad for him, but he didn't do much with any opportunity he did get.

It’s impossible to answer. He’s still a rookie in terms of playing time. I doubt he becomes anything more than a #4 WR. I don’t even know if he can become as good as a WR as Cam Sims yet.

Edited by turtle28
45 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Rookie WRs are tough.  Yes you have some that burst out early like McLaurin but that's pretty rare.  Gonna need 3 years before we know what we have in him.  

McLaurin showed day 1 that he could be a starter. AGG hasn’t even flashed that he can be an actual NFL level WR yet.

Edited by turtle28

We will probably carry 6 WRs next year.  I would imagine AGG will be a lock for the roster after being a 4th round pick by the new staff.  I won't say Kelvin Harmon is a hard lock to make the roster after missing the year with injury, but I like what I saw out of him his rookie year so I think he will have a strong case.  Cam Sims is not a hard lock either but I would imagine he will be in line to make it as well.  The rest is a bunch of garbage IMO.  Harmon and Sims are probably #3-4 type guys.  So what we're missing IMO is a legit #2 WR and a speedy slot guy.  The most efficient way to tackle that would be to sign a vet to play #2 role and draft a slot guy in the mid rounds.  Obviously if someone like Waddle is available at 19 I think you'd have to consider that as well.  

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Rookie WRs are tough.  Yes you have some that burst out early like McLaurin but that's pretty rare.  Gonna need 3 years before we know what we have in him.  

But I think a lot of the other rookies this season showed flashes of something. 

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

We will probably carry 6 WRs next year.  I would imagine AGG will be a lock for the roster after being a 4th round pick by the new staff.  I won't say Kelvin Harmon is a hard lock to make the roster after missing the year with injury, but I like what I saw out of him his rookie year so I think he will have a strong case.  Cam Sims is not a hard lock either but I would imagine he will be in line to make it as well.  The rest is a bunch of garbage IMO.  Harmon and Sims are probably #3-4 type guys.  So what we're missing IMO is a legit #2 WR and a speedy slot guy.  The most efficient way to tackle that would be to sign a vet to play #2 role and draft a slot guy in the mid rounds.  Obviously if someone like Waddle is available at 19 I think you'd have to consider that as well.  

Exactly 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I agree with this.  Can be a really tough transition to the pros.  The injuries and short offseason didn't help him either.  But so far he has looked lost.  Give him another training camp before making a call, but I wouldn't count on him turning into something at this point.

AGG kinda stinks. He literally couldn’t get on the field when the WR room is filled with undrafted guys. Not great.

Playing at Liberty is different than playing at a Power 5 school playing the big dogs.

He definitely was hampered by being a rookie in COVID, but he showed us next to nothing. 

8 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

AGG kinda stinks. He literally couldn’t get on the field when the WR room is filled with undrafted guys. Not great.

Playing at Liberty is different than playing at a Power 5 school playing the big dogs.

He definitely was hampered by being a rookie in COVID, but he showed us next to nothing. 

He also got hurt

I mean he’s a guy that’s going to need to learn how to refine his routes and how to run routes that leave the QB room for him to use his body to box defenders out and we have had 0 of go make a play for me traits playing QB for this team so a guy that isn’t going to regularly gain Terry type separation in and out of his cuts isn’t going to shine. Injuries and preseason robbed a player like this in particular coming out of a Liberty. I didn’t expect year one production with a conservative approach at QB. I’m assuming a guy not scared to push the ball like Hienike would give this type of guy more chances as he was looking comfortable throwing before the WR breaks out and he was fully trusting his guys to make plays. Without your QB doing these types of things your basically playing with a ground and pound and hold them game plan as we did every game this season. This guy has ability and I think it’s going to be huge to gain confidence for a player like him in camp.