Antonio Gandy Golden

MikeT14

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

We will probably carry 6 WRs next year.  I would imagine AGG will be a lock for the roster after being a 4th round pick by the new staff.  I won't say Kelvin Harmon is a hard lock to make the roster after missing the year with injury, but I like what I saw out of him his rookie year so I think he will have a strong case.  Cam Sims is not a hard lock either but I would imagine he will be in line to make it as well.  The rest is a bunch of garbage IMO.  Harmon and Sims are probably #3-4 type guys.  So what we're missing IMO is a legit #2 WR and a speedy slot guy.  The most efficient way to tackle that would be to sign a vet to play #2 role and draft a slot guy in the mid rounds.  Obviously if someone like Waddle is available at 19 I think you'd have to consider that as well.  

This is a big bingo here. The need is there for both a legit WR2 and a slot guy.

I like FA to address the bigger outside receiver spot, largely because there are actually some options there and because I think the 2nd round of this draft will be chock full of potential slot options like Rondale Moore, Elijah Moore, Kadarius Toney, and Amon-Ra St. Brown. I love all those guys. 

The tricky thing in terms of roster management is that we have 3 guys who are very similar in Cam Sims, Gandy-Golden, and Harmon. They’re not identical, of course, but they’re all bigger-body guys without much speed or quickness. Do you keep 3 guys on the back end of the WR corps who all sort of fill the same role? Seems to me that you might want a backup slot guy or at least someone with more speed in case (god forbid) McLaurin goes down. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, e16bball said:

This is a big bingo here. The need is there for both a legit WR2 and a slot guy.

I like FA to address the bigger outside receiver spot, largely because there are actually some options there and because I think the 2nd round of this draft will be chock full of potential slot options like Rondale Moore, Elijah Moore, Kadarius Toney, and Amon-Ra St. Brown. I love all those guys. 

The tricky thing in terms of roster management is that we have 3 guys who are very similar in Cam Sims, Gandy-Golden, and Harmon. They’re not identical, of course, but they’re all bigger-body guys without much speed or quickness. Do you keep 3 guys on the back end of the WR corps who all sort of fill the same role? Seems to me that you might want a backup slot guy or at least someone with more speed in case (god forbid) McLaurin goes down. 

Agree w/ you and Mknight’s posts. I definitely think you would like to keep a back up slot guy type but, you can’t always have what you want. If AGG, Harmon and Cam Sims are your best 4-6 guys then that’s who you keep. It just depends on who’s the best players.

Edited by turtle28

12 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Well the big thing about that #2 role too is you need a guy who can contribute at a high level immediately.  Even a highly drafted WR might not provide that.  

3 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

AGG would rather work his Rukic's Cube than play football. BUST, but only 4th round so ..

I think it was more he got COVID during the spring, didn’t have a real offseason. battled injuries all year and was learning an NFL type offense for the fist time plus, the level of competition from Liberty to the NFL is huge. He never really even got going this year. 

It’s often hard for WRs to transition to the NFL. I wouldn’t call any player a bust off of one season but he needs to show something next season, at least at like a Cam Sims level.

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

We are on the same page with the draft and FA approach E!!!