2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

Welp time to start this up. It’s a huge offseason with this team with so many decisions needed to be made.

Will Artie leave?

Will Vrabel not be stubborn and completely revamp to whole defense and add a DC.

What do we do with that loser Isaiah Wilson?

- Free Agents

WR Corey Davis

TE Jonnu Smith

ILB Jayon Brown

OLB Clowney

DL DaQuan Jones

K Stephen Gostkowski

TE MyCole Pruitt

OLTy Sambrailo

OL Marshall Newhouse

DL Jack Crawford

ILB Will Compton

ILB Nick Dzubnar

CB Chris Milton

TE Geoff Swaim

ILB Darren Bates

WR Khalif Raymond

TE Anthony Firkser

RB Senorise Perry

LS Matt Overton

CB Tye Smith

RB D’Onta Foreman

CB Desmond King

OLB Wyatt Ray

CB Breon Borders

OL Jamil Douglas

DB Josh Kalu

FB Khari Blasingame

WR Nick Westbrook

Titans should really lock up some of the depth guys for cheap money in a few weeks 

Resign 

Blasingame

Borders

Overton

Firkser

Swaim

Pruitt

Tart

and def a few more of the special team guys like Bates Kalu or Milton 

Then it gets tricky with what do the Titans do at the CB position as far as cutting Butler for cap reasons

We drafted Fulton so do we resign King?

A lot of our own guys that need to be resigned and need help from the draft and free agent market big time 

From a defensive personnel perspective, we need guys who bring two things 

1. Leadership

2. physicality 

the defense really missed guys like Casey, Wood and Ryan

I can’t help but think that, if we played us this time last year against NE/BALT...last years team would eat us alive. Just a much more mature and physical  defense 

(obviously DC is of equal importance. I’m just speaking solely on personnel)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It’s weird that I think I’d take Gostkowski back.

I’d definitely bring him back. Once he got settled with us he became money. The 2nd half of the season he was pretty good. Had one miss in the first Colts game but was perfect with every other kick.

Edited by TitanSlim
  • Like 1

I’m not sure I’m prioritizing any of our free agents at this point. If CD and/or Jonnu are reasonable, sure, but I’m not breaking the bank for either. Jonnu broke 50 yards once in the last 14 games and Corey was invisible in three hugely important games.

Jayon is gone even though I wouldn’t mind bringing him back cheap and seeing if Rashaan can have a Hasson Reddick style career salvation at edge.

Vaccaro and Humphries are obvious cap casualties. 

I have no idea what goes on with Clowney. I can’t imagine him back, but after that disaster of a prove-it deal and a lot of teams against the cap, his market value might be crazy low.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I’m not sure I’m prioritizing any of our free agents at this point. If CD and/or Jonnu are reasonable, sure, but I’m not breaking the bank for either. Jonnu broke 50 yards once in the last 14 games and Corey was invisible in three hugely important games.

Jayon is gone even though I wouldn’t mind bringing him back cheap and seeing if Rashaan can have a Hasson Reddick style career salvation at edge.

Vaccaro and Humphries are obvious cap casualties. 

I have no idea what goes on with Clowney. I can’t imagine him back, but after that disaster of a prove-it deal and a lot of teams against the cap, his market value might be crazy low.

we have so much work to do elsewhere in the front 7 that i feel like it would be a mistake not to bring jayon back if we can get him cheap. i would really rather not have another season where nick dzubnar is getting extensive playing time in a playoff game.

If we move on from Davis I think about what we ask him to and who is good at that.  (Blocking/Toughness Route Running, Catching in traffic,  and RAC yards). Don't have to be a blazer. 

at WR I target in FA.
Allen Robinson
JuJu
Curtis Samuel
Zach Pascal
Will Fuller

Kadarius Toney along with a mid-level vet. Cut Humphries. Toney doesn't block, but he is everything else. And that doubles down on the make your strength even stronger.

and/or
Draft: (Should be there in the 2nd round or 3rd)

Seth williams
Nico Collins
Tylan Wallace