2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

10 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It mostly had to do with Joseph and Tye Smith. Or Vrabel. Or Bowen. Honestly, I have no idea what to put on the players vs the coaches.

Well I atleast know with Joseph we had to play him 10 yards off because he was a mummy. I can't recall exactly on Smith, but the dude's a bum so he was probably playing off too

I'm not too familiar with our cap, but I know we're over unless we make some cuts and cutting Butler saves a lot. He's no spring chicken either. I think we at the least have to restructure. The front 7 is just so abysmal  

24 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

The cap is a myth. Teams like the Chiefs can resign all their star players but we’re having trouble resigning Corey Davis and Jonnu Smith. 

The Saints enter this offseason 75 million over the cap. For some reason I think they’ll still be able to field a team this year. It’s all just make believe. Especially this year where you can easily push money into future years when the cap goes back up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

The Saints enter this offseason 75 million over the cap. For some reason I think they’ll still be able to field a team this year. It’s all just make believe. Especially this year where you can easily push money into future years when the cap goes back up.

Exactly. I’ve stopped worrying about it because so many teams continue on and make light work of the supposed cap so it is what it is. We could resign everyone and still sign a pass-rusher if we wanted.  Need guys like Lewan, Butler(if he wants to stay), etc. to rework their deals. I think I’m just ready to move on from Vaccaro altogether.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

The cap is a myth. Teams like the Chiefs can resign all their star players but we’re having trouble resigning Corey Davis and Jonnu Smith. 

If that were the case how come we didn't bring back Conklin last year and rolled with a career back up instead?

Carl Lawson is the guy I want the most out of all the pass-rushers. Lawson, Barmore(1st), Patrick Jones/Roche(2nd) combined with Simmons and Landry definitely makes for a better pass-rush next year. Hell, add Clowney back too. Go all out and try to fix the pass-rush. I’d even go for a Phillips/Ojulari/Rousseau and Tufele combination in the first two rounds. Barmore is my top guy though especially if we sign a veteran pass-rusher who is actually good at rushing the passer(not Clowney). We need edge guys for sure but also need to get Simmons some help. He was a stud early in the season but I’m guessing he eventually wore down. A guy like Barmore over Jones definitely helps with the pass-rush from the interior. Whole offseason should be focused on fixing the pass-rush and if we’re not top 12 in sacks/pressures next year, we failed again.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

34 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Carl Lawson is the guy I want the most out of all the pass-rushers. Lawson, Barmore(1st), Patrick Jones/Roche(2nd) combined with Simmons and Landry definitely makes for a better pass-rush next year. Hell, add Clowney back too. Go all out and try to fix the pass-rush. I’d even go for a Phillips/Ojulari/Rousseau and Tufele combination in the first two rounds. Barmore is my top guy though especially if we sign a veteran pass-rusher who is actually good at rushing the passer(not Clowney). We need edge guys for sure but also need to get Simmons some help. He was a stud early in the season but I’m guessing he eventually wore down. A guy like Barmore over Jones definitely helps with the pass-rush from the interior. Whole offseason should be focused on fixing the pass-rush and if we’re not top 12 in sacks/pressures next year, we failed again.

Ya I’m with you

Im on the Barmore train right now 

10 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

No it’s not, that’s what happens when you draft well & can take advantage of your QB on his rookie deal. Remember once upon a time we had a ton of cap space because Mariota was on his rookie deal, then boom we traded & extended Tannehill. The chiefs have been willing & dealing on Mahomes rookie deal, his extension doesn’t kick in till next season or 2022 if I’m not mistaken. 

Edited by TitanRedd
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

lol the cap is certainly NOT a myth.. look at the saints and eagles... they've kicked that can down the road and that bill is due now.. time to pay the piper and look at their financial situation. hell, remember the early 2000's when WE had to pay the piper and cut all those legendary titans? i think we can do it this year tho, not continuous years tho..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Airness McNairness said:

lol the cap is certainly NOT a myth.. look at the saints and eagles... they've kicked that can down the road and that bill is due now.. time to pay the piper and look at their financial situation. hell, remember the early 2000's when WE had to pay the piper and cut all those legendary titans? i think we can do it this year tho, not continuous years tho..

It's not a myth, but there are ways to maneuver it during a supposedly Super Bowl Run. 

But like many have said. Helps when the QB is on a Rookie deal and you don't have a RB getting paid too. Henry/Tanny combine for a pretty monstrous QB deal. 

Marcus not being what we needed about a year or two ago messed up that window. We paid Butler, Vacarro, Ryan, Byard, Lewan, DaQuan, Saffold, Humprhries.... and we didn't make it. Made it to AFC championship tho.

Now we are in a squeeze plus the salary cap going down. 
So now we gotta try to win with lower paid FAs and draft picks while we have a QB and RB getting paid.