2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

https://www.pff.com/nfl/free-agency?season=2021
It really is a pretty good FA class, if we could add one of the top five or six and then a rotational guy from the second half of the top 20, it’d be such a huge boost.

Wow yea. This a great year to have our problem. I really like Hendrickson. Would he line up on the same side as Landry or could they line up opposite?

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Slight change of topic but related to our cap. 

I can't see how they can pay Adoree $10 mill next season. 

Gonna have to be traded or new deal (which he doesn't deserve)

I would love to see a big shake up in the secondary. We need to shakeup this defense. Trade Adoree. Now looking at it I would say trade Adoree, his inability to stay on the field these last two years has really hurt us and his progression. I hate what we have to pay Butler these next two years but knowing how bad our d is we might just have to live with it. We have to figure out something though with either Butler or Adoree.

Also cut Vaccaro.

I will be straight up annoyed if we keep Vaccaro, dude just can’t hang anymore. 

Getting rid of Adoree only makes us worse and then we’re stuck hoping to find a suitable replacement among lower-tier options in free agency. We’re not going to suddenly have an incredible pass rush, making the secondary worse only makes things more difficult on the pass rushers, as we saw last year when Clowney was getting plenty of pressures and hurried but no sacks because we couldn’t hold coverage for more than two seconds.

Just now, titans0021 said:

We don’t have the cap room to maintain the offense, build a pass rush and overhaul the secondary. Trading or releasing Adoree only creates more issues.

Unless you can get someone for half the price, that is still a quality starter.  I just can't see them keeping two corners for pretty much $20 million. 

I don't think you need to "overhaul."  

Redo Butler's deal. Save some money on the cap. Give him more years. Use some of that savings to get a Pass rusher.
Cut Vacarro, Insert Hooker.
Trade Jackson: Sign a B level Corner for $5 million.  Draft a corner in the first 2 rounds.
Use saved money to bring back Davis. Sign a $2-3 Million Vet WR. 

Edge 1st
Corner 2nd
Speed WR 3rd.

It all sounds easier, but work the cap and make it work I think. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Getting rid of Adoree only makes us worse and then we’re stuck hoping to find a suitable replacement among lower-tier options in free agency. We’re not going to suddenly have an incredible pass rush, making the secondary worse only makes things more difficult on the pass rushers, as we saw last year when Clowney was getting plenty of pressures and hurried but no sacks because we couldn’t hold coverage for more than two seconds.

But being honest, I don't think keeping Jackson exactly helps us either. He was bad when he came back. Maybe that was just injury, whatever injury it was. Hopefully it i something he come recover from...

But if getting rid of Adoree means we can get a more productive pass rush, then I think we could manage with Fulton, Butler, a FA and a draft pick. 

Bucs secondary isn't all world. But they play aggressive Man-to man and the pass rush was great. 

Don't need Deion in the backend. Can get by with a young version of McCourty/Finnegan and a great pass rush.

Just now, KingTitan said:

Unless you can get someone for half the price, that is still a quality starter.  I just can't see them keeping two corners for pretty much $20 million. 

I don't think you need to "overhaul."  

Redo Butler's deal. Save some money on the cap. Give him more years. Use some of that savings to get a Pass rusher.
Cut Vacarro, Insert Hooker.
Trade Jackson: Sign a B level Corner for $5 million.  Draft a corner in the first 2 rounds.
Use saved money to bring back Davis. Sign a $2-3 Million Vet WR. 

Edge 1st
Corner 2nd
Speed WR 3rd.

It all sounds easier, but work the cap and make it work I think. 

The problem with this plan, just like the problem with the guys that want to cut Butler, is that this FA CB class is absolutely terrible. In a passing league with almost zero quality outside corners available, you’re going to be paying $10 million for an even passable boundary corner.

I’m just not going to take anything from last year when it comes to Adoree. It was a mess, but it also went completely against what we had seen when healthy. And FA is loaded with corners that are either ancient, pure nickels, or have injury histories far more extensive than Adoree’s.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

The problem with this plan, just like the problem with the guys that want to cut Butler, is that this FA CB class is absolutely terrible. In a passing league with almost zero quality outside corners available, you’re going to be paying $10 million for an even passable boundary corner.

I don't know. I think someone like Gareon Conley who isn't terrible but not great could be a 1-2 year deal worth maybe $8 million.

But to me you wouldn't be trying to find a starting replacement. You find a guy that can be at worst your 3rd corner. 
Fulton-Butler would be the starters and then you have a vet at nickel.  Then draft a top Corner that in theory would be your replacement. Def to take over for Butler after a year or two. 

To me I think Robinson bet wrong on the 5th year option. Likely should have given Conklin and Davis their 5th year and passed on Adoree. But that's hindsight. 

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I’m just not going to take anything from last year when it comes to Adoree. It was a mess, but it also went completely against what we had seen when healthy. And FA is loaded with corners that are either ancient, pure nickels, or have injury histories far more extensive than Adoree’s.

Yeah I get it. But we wouldn't be paying those guys $10 million. In a cash strapped year, I think we have to look for all the savings we can. Either he sign a deal that brings that number down and rewards him next year if he plays well.

Or outright trade.

Adoree at $10 million is a no go for me. 
Can't cut Butler. 

They're not going to move Adoree. One of the biggest issues with this secondary is that they're slow. Adoree is coming off a bad year but I see them rolling the dice on him, (we know they love continuity) rather than letting him go. I see them dropping butler before adoree. 

In addition something I've took issue with for awhile. Why does the team insist on playing Fulton in the slot? Fulton excelled on the outside at LSU. If we did move on from adoree or butler I'd rather put Fulton outside, re sign King and draft a corner. I understand wanting speed in the slot, but I dont like kristan Fulton as a long term nickleback

• Like 1

If we make the secondary worse, which is what handing a starting job to a guy that was terrible as a rookie and giving extended playing time to a below average FA does, any improvement in the pass rush is going to be wiped out.

Does anyone else remember spending 20+ million on the pass rush last year so we could go with a cheap FA and an early draft pick at corner? It would be even worse this year since at least in 2020 you had the excuse of thinking you had two established corners on the roster.