2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

52 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I mean, we’re not including Jonnu, who is also part of the receiving options lost. Which even in a season in which he ended up relegated to in-line blocker, is another 450 yards. And means we lose about 30% of our total production last year. And in that list you have fewer yards at WR2, WR3 and WR4, so not sure I quite see the argument for arguably better.

Our top offense in the NFL scored 13 points in a playoff game that ended on an interception where our depth receiver simply fell down, I’m not quite sure it’s a stretch to say the receiver depth was the major factor. Especially when it’s exactly the scenario those of us that are worried about WR/TE fear.

Once CD went down, Ravens loaded box, bracketed AJ, and Tannehill had nothing to work with. And it resulted in arguably our worst offensive performance of the season. And given current roster construction, it’s a very repeatable circumstance against good teams.

I think this goes into the room for error argument. 
Because we all felt there were a few coaching decisions that could have helped the team too. 

It's all "I see a old man, I see a tree" picture. We all see different reasons for our downfall last year and views of our roster as is....
Neither is completely wrong and neither is completely right. 

Now...

I'm curious to know how a name like that pops up in the scouting room. 
Hey you remember that UDFA from 2017. He has like 2 catches in his NFL career?

I think we need to find him and sign him to a multi year deal. ( I'm assuming the multi is for cap purposes.)

But I legit am curious about how he even manages to make it to the GM desk.

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Now...

I think we need to find him and sign him to a multi year deal. ( I'm assuming the multi is for cap purposes.)

I’m honestly not bothered by the signing like some of Titans Twitter, because who cares, it’s just a camp body. The multi-year thing does confuse me because I can’t imagine a situation where he’s getting more than the minimum, in which case there isn’t really any cap manipulation to be done by adding years.

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Now...

Sometimes veteran free agents go back to their alma maters' pro days and work out with the prospects to try to catch the eye of scouts and NFL execs. Maybe one of our scouts saw Fred snagging some passes at Mississippi State's pro day, and put him on JRob's radar.

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Now...

Well they're bound to still have info on everyone they scouted in 2017, which given how extensive NFL teams are with that, probably included him. Then factor in he was signed by the Colts, that was potentially a reason to look in to him more, etc. And I'm sure given how many websites have lists of free agents, they keep one too.

7 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Well they're bound to still have info on everyone they scouted in 2017, which given how extensive NFL teams are with that, probably included him. Then factor in he was signed by the Colts, that was potentially a reason to look in to him more, etc. And I'm sure given how many websites have lists of free agents, they keep one too.

Yeah all the replies makes sense.
Pro Day workout.

Reviewing every single FA available from the past year.  Leaving no stone unturned. 
I'd imagine he came in for a workout or something. Saw him somewhere recently. 

I just think it's funny. :) 

So what do you guys think we're doing at corner? We've got Jenkins, Fulton, Farley and Molden now at what I'd assume to be the top 4. Borders and Johnson are the depth I'd assume. But out of those top 4, who gets left off the field in the nickel? Or are we maybe thinking of taking one of those 4 and putting them at safety across from Byard?

Not really sure what to expect.

3 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I mean, we’re not including Jonnu, who is also part of the receiving options lost. Which even in a season in which he ended up relegated to in-line blocker, is another 450 yards. And means we lose about 30% of our total production last year. And in that list you have fewer yards at WR2, WR3 and WR4, so not sure I quite see the argument for arguably better.

I don’t think it would be a good argument, but it’s there.

I will concede, we should be more worried about TE, and we haven’t done  Resigning Pruitt needs to happen asap. And they should keep an eye on the waiver wire too.

I don’t think WR is a strength, but it doesn’t need to be IMO. Especially if we can improve on defense, and I think we have.

I think there’s also enough left in FA to fix receiver comfortably, and they’ll add free agents if they seem necessary.

59 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

So what do you guys think we're doing at corner? We've got Jenkins, Fulton, Farley and Molden now at what I'd assume to be the top 4. Borders and Johnson are the depth I'd assume. But out of those top 4, who gets left off the field in the nickel? Or are we maybe thinking of taking one of those 4 and putting them at safety across from Byard?

Not really sure what to expect.

i think the only for-sure thing is that jenkins will start. beyond that, it's a battle between fulton and farley for the other outside spot. if farley wins, i think fulton and molden will both get time at the nickel and we may ride with whoever plays the best.

i know we played some 3-safety under pees with byard/vaccaro/hooker. with hooker now starting i would expect molden to get some burn in that situation.....but i don't actually know whether we kept using those 3-safety looks with bowen/vrabel.