2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

depth on this team is looking real solid all over.. MAYBE another TE, but i think they are more than comfortable rollling with Firkser this year.... dont get your hopes up on one of these old OLB's with a name you recognize.. i think they would rather develop the young guys for the 4th OLB spot than pay the vet minimum of at least 2-3 million for a guy to be your 4th pass rusher. especially when they've shown to only have 3 OLB's available on game day.

Edited by Airness McNairness

26 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Need another TE and edge rusher. Dupree is coming off a torn ACL and our current depth is flat out terrible. They drafted Weaver but he apparently hit a woman so his status is up in the air. Behind him? Yikes

Ya OLB is still a need 

I know they only ran with 3 OLBs active for most of the games last year but that can’t happen this year 

Landry disappears and fades later in the season at times 

Dupree off a knee injury 

We definitely need depth 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Need another TE and edge rusher. Dupree is coming off a torn ACL and our current depth is flat out terrible. They drafted Weaver but he apparently hit a woman so his status is up in the air. Behind him? Yikes

facts.. im just working under the assumption everything will be ok with weaver and his stuff.. but yeah, i just wonder how much money we will have to make a move, ya know.

2 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Ya OLB is still a need 

I know they only ran with 3 OLBs active for most of the games last year but that can’t happen this year 

Landry disappears and fades later in the season at times 

Dupree off a knee injury 

We definitely need depth 

yea thats understandable.. i wonder about the special teams guy they signed from the steelers and could he be the 4th guy.. he was mentioned as being versatile and possibly fitting that role.. I just wonder if them only keeping 3 up the last two years plays into the numbers game. if they go to 4 OLB's up on gameday instead of 3, what other position group has one less guy now?

48 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

yea thats understandable.. i wonder about the special teams guy they signed from the steelers and could he be the 4th guy.. he was mentioned as being versatile and possibly fitting that role.. I just wonder if them only keeping 3 up the last two years plays into the numbers game. if they go to 4 OLB's up on gameday instead of 3, what other position group has one less guy now?

Im just going off the top of my head because I’m at work so I don’t have time to check but TE comes to mind

We normally role with 4 TEs, as of now it looks like we will start with 3 

Im sure someone else will have another position group in mind but as of now TE

23 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Im just going off the top of my head because I’m at work so I don’t have time to check but TE comes to mind

We normally role with 4 TEs, as of now it looks like we will start with 3 

Im sure someone else will have another position group in mind but as of now TE

i think you're spot on with that. heard one of the local radio guys mentioned that exact same thing with the TE's.

Honestly, with as stacked as we now are at receiver, I don’t care about TE depth very much.

Should have guys that can block, at least, and Firkser is fine as a starter.

I worry much more about OLB. We’re hoping that Weaver comes in as a decent No. 3 right off the bat, with Landry and an injured Dupree in front. Any of then miss time and it gets drastic fast.

Not much better inside. Simmons and Autry will be great, but Teair Tart will be our starting NT, and Murchison is probably next in depth. Naquon Jones might end up as our fifth.

We don’t need a starter, but someone who can come in as a reliable rotational piece would reeeeeally help this team round out its depth.

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Honestly, with as stacked as we now are at receiver, I don’t care about TE depth very much.

Should have guys that can block, at least, and Firkser is fine as a starter.

I worry much more about OLB. We’re hoping that Weaver comes in as a decent No. 3 right off the bat, with Landry and an injured Dupree in front. Any of then miss time and it gets drastic fast.

Not much better inside. Simmons and Autry will be great, but Teair Tart will be our starting NT, and Murchison is probably next in depth. Naquon Jones might end up as our fifth.

We don’t need a starter, but someone who can come in as a reliable rotational piece would reeeeeally help this team round out its depth.

agreed. with the weapons at receiver, i feel like firk and swaim can hold it down at TE. and carrying fewer TEs makes me inclined to think we're going to spend more time with 3 WRs on the field this year- which we absolutely should given our personnel.

even ignoring that weaver is a rookie and we have no idea what level he's going to play at, he's almost certainly going to miss time or worse for the assault stuff unless it somehow turns out to be some kind of big mistake. that's been kind of laid to the side for now but it's a big deal. we need front 7 depth in a bad way.

Not that we don’t need another Edge, we absolutely do, but I’d be shocked if Rashaan Evans didn’t play at least half of his snaps at OLB. Remains to be seen if that’s a good thing, but with Jayon and Long, I just can’t see Evans not getting significant work on the edge.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Not that we don’t need another Edge, we absolutely do, but I’d be shocked if Rashaan Evans didn’t play at least half of his snaps at OLB. Remains to be seen if that’s a good thing, but with Jayon and Long, I just can’t see Evans not getting significant work on the edge.

Again, I keep pointing back to the game before Jayon got hurt in Baltimore, Evans was working with the OLB's and pass rush moves.

I definitely think he will be there more. 

Evans-Bud-Simmons- Autry-Landry front to get wild. lol
With Brown Long/Rice behind them.