2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

44 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

We barely got to see him and I'm not going to hold last year against him

but I could not have been less impressed with Fulton overall. Did not stand out in the slightest in the very little he played. 

Hoping/assuming that the COVID offseason/injuries played a big part in it. But just saying.

we need to keep Butler

100% with you. I didn't understand the disdain for Butler this year. He was he only player that looked like he gave a crap at times defensively. He has the dog in him, and if he was on another team I would probably hate him. That's actually a good thing to have in a defender. Cutting him saves us how much? Cut Adam Humphries use that money to go towards the dline.

10 hours ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

100% with you. I didn't understand the disdain for Butler this year. He was he only player that looked like he gave a crap at times defensively. He has the dog in him, and if he was on another team I would probably hate him. That's actually a good thing to have in a defender. Cutting him saves us how much? Cut Adam Humphries use that money to go towards the dline.

Butler was arguably our best player on defense, but cutting home does save around 8 million and cutting Hump only saves about 4-5 mill. Since we are 3 million over the cap and the incoming rookie class will need ~5 million. We need to find at minimum 8 million dollars from somewhere.

39 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I would sacrifice Butler to bolster the front 7, but that's just me

As we saw with Clowney’s pass rush win rate (which was high) vs sacks (which were nonexistent), unless you’re adding a top five edge (which we won’t be) you need corners capable of covering for more than two seconds if you want to actually get to the QB.

19 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Could be an option if Butler is released

A previous “Guy” guy back in the day 

We  had him to until Jags up the offer. He followed the money. 
I think he is busted and not the same player. I can't help but see AJ toasting him his last year with the Jags and it wasn't close either. 

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think he is busted and not the same player. I can't help but see AJ toasting him his last year with the Jags and it wasn't close either. 

Yeah, he’s nothing more than a depth player. A better depth player than the Joseph’s and Tye Smith’s of the world, but I’m not sure if he’s ready to accept a No. 4 CB role yet.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

As we saw with Clowney’s pass rush win rate (which was high) vs sacks (which were nonexistent), unless you’re adding a top five edge (which we won’t be) you need corners capable of covering for more than two seconds if you want to actually get to the QB.

There were also a plethora of occasions where the QB took a lunch break, clocked back in, and was still in no rush to get rid of the ball.

28 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I forgot he was one of the PED guys at the end of the season 

Dont see the Titans interested this time around but who knows

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

There were also a plethora of occasions where the QB took a lunch break, clocked back in, and was still in no rush to get rid of the ball.

After Clowney went down and Simmons burned out a bit, sure, there was plenty of it. Early in the season, it was a lot of getting torched by quick passes to whichever side of the field Butler wasn’t on.

20 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

After Clowney went down and Simmons burned out a bit, sure, there was plenty of it. Early in the season, it was a lot of getting torched by quick passes to whichever side of the field Butler wasn’t on.

I mean even in the early season before Clowney went down the QB still sat back there with all day to throw. It's not an either/or problem in my mind its a both/and

12 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I mean even in the early season before Clowney went down the QB still sat back there with all day to throw. It's not an either/or problem in my mind its a both/and

I guess when I think back to the Houston/Pittsburgh/Cincy games where we were just torn apart by underneath passes to the right side play after play after play.

14 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I guess when I think back to the Houston/Pittsburgh/Cincy games where we were just torn apart by underneath passes to the right side play after play after play.

Didn't that have much to do with the corners playing so far off though? Trying to jog my memory