2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

26 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

The fact that we are even debating on whether or not we should sign Watt is crazy to me. Talent is talent and he is still among the most talented DL players in the league. And I bet he wants to win, and he has leadership qualities, which we could use.

I understood why the move might have been necessary when we traded away Casey, but that kind of presence we badly missed this year. Sign Watt! Try to do what it takes to get us there cap wise, and get it done.

Player you rooted against for years. Some can't look past it.

Manning.
Brady
Etc....

I know we not getting 20.5 sack Watt, but 9.5 with 14 TFL's would be just as nice to this defense. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Player you rooted against for years. Some can't look past it.

Manning.
Brady
Etc....

I know we not getting 20.5 sack Watt, but 9.5 with 14 TFL's would be just as nice to this defense. 

He’ll I’d take 5-6 sacks.... Much more than anything we get from Jones, Crawford, Tartt, Murchison, or whatever scrub iDL we’ve signed over the years. Plus he brings leadership which clearly this defense severely missed last year. He’s not a full time iDL anymore but on passing downs, I’m taking him over most OGs in the league. Helps take pressure off of Simmons who was our only good iDL last year and it was clear he wore down throughout the season.

Interesting to see how the Titans build our defense 

It might be cheaper to sign both Clowney and Watt than to spend big on Judon Dupree or Lawson

Landry Simmons Watt Clowney would be a fun D-Line

Ive been on the let Jones go wagon for a few months now 

Tart can be brought back for cheap

Murchinson is on a rookie deal 

Then allows you to take best available DT OLB with the first 2 picks 

Roberson gets pushed back into a back up role where he belongs 

Titans then maybe can still add a veteran like Kerrigan too if needed on the edge 

Signing Watt gives us a huge boost on the field and a good start going into the legal tampering period 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Interesting to see how the Titans build our defense 

It might be cheaper to sign both Clowney and Watt than to spend big on Judon Dupree or Lawson

Landry Simmons Watt Clowney would be a fun D-Line

Ive been on the let Jones go wagon for a few months now 

Tart can be brought back for cheap

Murchinson is on a rookie deal 

Then allows you to take best available DT OLB with the first 2 picks 

Roberson gets pushed back into a back up role where he belongs 

Titans then maybe can still add a veteran like Kerrigan too if needed on the edge 

Signing Watt gives us a huge boost on the field and a good start going into the legal tampering period 

I think it could be possible to get Watt and Clowney for about $18 Million combined this year. Then add an 1st or 2nd round pick...

Landry, Simmons, Watt, Clowney--- Draft pick and cheap journeyman FA .... Thats remaking a D-ine in a hurry. 

15 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah I get it. I'm on the fence
But I can see what he could bring.

Full off-season and healthy. 
Could wreck things for an offense. 

He just really needs to show up in shape this time and we could finally get a productive player

Simmons Watt and Clowney moving all over the place play to play would be fun to watch 

• Like 1

Clowney was far from a problem & was solid not great but solid. Sure the stats doesn’t show but he was double team a lot, & before you question his production, understand the scheme that we run & our CB’s playing 10 yards off sitting on routes. In order for clowney to be productive we 1st need a DE who can set the edge, eat up blocks to help free clowney when he rushes. For ex DaQuon & Orakpo. Jack Crawford is trash 

18 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Clowney was far from a problem & was solid not great but solid. Sure the stats doesn’t show but he was double team a lot, & before you question his production, understand the scheme that we run & our CB’s playing 10 yards off sitting on routes. In order for clowney to be productive we 1st need a DE who can set the edge, eat up blocks to help free clowney when he rushes. For ex DaQuon & Orakpo. Jack Crawford is trash 

I don’t have a problem with Clowney

My biggest ask is please show up to camp, get in shape, build chemistry with the coaches and team and let’s come out ready week 1 this time 

I want Watt anyway

Im starting to talk myself into the sign both Clowney and Watt because it will be cheaper to do that than sign Dupree Lawson or Judon

I had this same mindset last offseason when I said it would be cheaper to sign Brady for 2 years than sign Tannehill for 4 and my thought process was correct except the Titans didn’t care and signed the more expensive guy which is fine but I know this time around the cap could go down plus all the holes we have.

This time around it might be smarter to sign 2 guys for the price of 1

20 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Crawford (sadly maybe) was our 4th best DL