2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

Are we saying Fisher didn’t have a massive ego?

Fisher actually knows what he’s doing as a defensive coach though. A lot of what Schwartz does, he learned from Fisher. You have two morons who have never coached a successful defense and now a guy who knows what he’s doing.  Schwartz definitely isn’t going to put up with Vrabel and his garbage scheme.

nobody remembers the end of schwartz's tenure as DC here, huh? fans were practically delighted when he got hired away to detroit.

also, isn't he pretty strictly a 4-3 guy? honestly seems like a weird fit even independent of that history.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

nobody remembers the end of schwartz's tenure as DC here, huh? fans were practically delighted when he got hired away to detroit.

also, isn't he pretty strictly a 4-3 guy? honestly seems like a weird fit even independent of that history.

I think we all remember it fondly in comparison to the Bowen/Vrabel defense.

In fairness, his tenure at least saw us having a defense that won in the trenches.  I mean, it can't get worse, can it?

4 hours ago, -Hope- said:

I also remember the **** show that just took place last season. I’ll take Schwartz defense easily. The end of Schwartz tenure, the defense was actually pretty good. A huge reason of why they went 13-3 in 2008.

boy some of yall are missing the point and are so eager to dismiss vrabel and bowen.. i like the move but im not gonna praise schwartz as the savior.. i assume he is coming in to HELP shane.. shane will be the voice of the defense, as he should. the dude is a good play caller. going back and watching the games from last year, its CLEAR the lack of talent was the issue. he was fine from an X'S & O'S standpoint. hopefully schwartz will be in charge of maybe pressure packages, player development or something like that. Going back to his time here, detroit, and philly, he has gotten DOMINATE DT play and all pro guys.. i like what it means for Simmons and that front. Highly doubt vrabel is gonna bring in  someone to undercut/undermine his own guy. having him help with the multiple front aspect while this defense evolves is key.

Edited by Airness McNairness

8 hours ago, -Hope- said:

Literally anything is better than what we saw last year. 

One thing is for sure, if this means more wide-9 sets, Landry should probably benefit the most, and raise his sack total significantly.

Also, he was ready to retire not long ago. Plus Vrabel clearly trusts Bowen. So I doubt this move is meant to undermine Shane's role in any way.

Edited by Andrei01