2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

6 minutes ago, titanrick said:

I saw an article that proposed Byard and a pick for Julio.  I think Byard would be viewed much more highly by Atlanta than Evans.  But he makes more money which defeats the purpose somewhat of trading Julio away.  Would you guys be upset with giving up on Byard after a down year or is that an acceptable cost for Julio in your eyes?

Yes I would be upset because Byard had a down yr based on scheme & idiotic coaching staff playing him out of position. 

8 minutes ago, titanrick said:

I saw an article that proposed Byard and a pick for Julio.  I think Byard would be viewed much more highly by Atlanta than Evans.  But he makes more money which defeats the purpose somewhat of trading Julio away.  Would you guys be upset with giving up on Byard after a down year or is that an acceptable cost for Julio in your eyes?

Nah, definitely not. In that circumstance, Atlanta would be the team giving up additional assets. But also, it just opens up a huge hole at S and pretty much cancels out the point of a win-now trade.

There’s just not a team offering a first. Unless it’s a first contingent on a crazy set of circumstances. Like, I’ll give them a third that can go to a second if he has 1,000 yards and a first if he gets 1,200 yards and we win the SB. Then sure, I’ll trade a “first” lol.

47 minutes ago, titanrick said:

Byard for Julio straight up would be a bad trade.  You don't give up what has been your best player on defense, who is also your only returning starter at DB, for an older receiver who costs more against the cap and will, at best, be your No. 2 WR in an offense that doesn't throw that much.

Byard plus a pick would be like malpractice.

My lowball offer:

R. Evans
3rd & 6th
Plus tear up the deal and give a 3 year deal with voidable year after 2nd year.
Of course restructure Tanny.

Best offer:
2nd & 4th/ Evans 
New deal

Get back an 5th and they (Falcons) eat some future money. 

I'm making things all the way up. lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Have we always been this secretive about OTAs? I feel like I’m seeing every team post a lot of pictures and videos but we’ve only posted 2 quick highlight videos.

I saw that the Texans didn’t even give their reporters rosters with numbers on them on a team that is like 60% new.

I wonder what makes us a long shot in Diana’s eyes? Not doubting her, because I believe she has had a great track record with us. Sounds like maybe we are seriously lowballing. I wouldn’t give up a first, but I will be pissed if we don’t get competitive with a second and later round picks and even maybe players.

Edited by twotonebluenation

22 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I wonder what makes us a long shot in Diana’s eyes? Not doubting her, because I believe she has had a great track record with us. Sounds like maybe we are seriously lowballing. I wouldn’t give up a first, but I will be pissed if we don’t get competitive with a second and later round picks and even maybe players.

I’m not going to get too upset regardless. My expectation is that he goes somewhere else for a price that I would’ve been happy to pay.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Watching his highlights this summer, i got a feeling they were going to use him all over. So no need to draft someone like Felton. They feel Evans can do that and be a better RB. 

Yea I feel like he would have been a big part of the offense last year if he wasn’t hurt.. him and Henry are going to be on the field at the same time a lot this year.

47 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Him and Henry have been working out together. Could be going to talk to Julio about his contract for the trade lol.  I love these rumors lol

break out the plane tracker, baby!!!!

• Like 1