2020 Wild Card: Bears vs Saints

mw2noobbuster

Just now, Broncofan said:

So......I'm not asking about deserving or not - but was that L bad enough for CHI to move on from Pace/Nagy?

I hope for Bears fans' sake, it was.  

This has been debated to death among us Bears fans and it's a mix.  Some want them gone.  Some want to keep Pace but move him upstairs. Some want to keep both for another year. 

4 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Well below average in Chicago. >:(

That's true. But he was above average in Carolina. Like Jeff Fisher, he was a goodish coach early in his career, but the game evolved and he didn't. Both him and Fisher are average overall when you consider their entire careers, but I wouldn't want either coaching my team today.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Oh and one final point, the Broncos got rid of Fox because they didn't believe he was a good enough coach to lead them to a Super Bowl win despite having Peyton Manning.

Funny, This does not look like Dungy. Care to explain yet keep his value?

r302690_1296x729_16-9.jpg

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

That's true. But he was above average in Carolina. Like Jeff Fisher, he was a goodish coach early in his career, but the game evolved and he didn't. Both him and Fisher are average overall when you consider their entire careers, but I wouldn't want either coaching my team today.

Agreed. He was yet another old coach who was stuck in his ways and failed to change with the times. 

• Like 1

None of this means I think Walsh or Dungy or Fox or McVay or Belichick are bad coaches.

They are all good to very good to great.

What I think is that your arbitrary and subjective ranking system that lives in your head (or in a series of marble notebooks) is pathetic.

I know for a fact that you do not penalize McVay for having Aaron Donald and now Jalen Ramsey so just realize your system is a joke and stop.

Zero development credit for either

We also know that you already used the Wade Phillips card against Kubiak but won't against McVay.

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Its deeper than that.

Not sure what your view of him is but to expand on mine, to be a good coach you have to have a persona that your peers and players admire and respect that holds the team together during the ups and downs of a season. It isn't the same for every guy, not everyone can be the tough guy you just gotta be authentic. Bienemy has that, Pederson and Nagy obviously did not. Pederson has a lazy eye and gives garbage awkward answers and weird smirks in interviews you know this guy isn't commanding that locker room. Nagy seems like a normal mediocre coach I don't have much bad to say about him but he's not a great coach.

Bienemy has paid his dues and after this season will be a back to back champion offensive coordinator beloved by everyone he works with and he just got to sit back and pick the minds of Mahomes and Reid for 3 years. I'm going to lose my mind if he doesn't get a head coaching job. We also get two tradeable 3rd round comp picks if somebody hires him so it's a win/win.

I can't shake the nagging feeling that Mitch only one the NVP award because he's such a cutie-pie. If these stupid kids would just set their obvious biases aside and vote purely objectively, based on football? I'm guess the result would've been different.

Bienemy was also a coach here when we had Alex Smith who is one of the best QB's in the league when it comes to training, professionalism and leadership. I'm sure he picked up some things from Smith he could use to develop a guy like Justin Fields. I think the Jets are the best spot for Bienemy to land normally you'd worry about the NY media but Adam Gase set the bar so low I don't think they'd give Bienemy a hard time.

29 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I can't shake the nagging feeling that Mitch only one the NVP award because he's such a cutie-pie. If these stupid kids would just set their obvious biases aside and vote purely objectively, based on football? I'm guess the result would've been different.

Let him have this one, Danny. Mitch hasn't won anything in the NFL, except for a seat on the bench, and most likely never will. 

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

So......I'm not asking about deserving or not - but was that L bad enough for CHI to move on from Pace/Nagy?

I hope for Bears fans' sake, it was.  

I think they get one more year, but everyone is gone if there isn't a deep playoff run.