Around the NFL - PLAYOFFS?

Texas_OutLaw7

33 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I want the Cowboys to be relevant again when it comes to playing football, not for the sideshow. The only way that's possible is with a deep playoff run and a SB appearance. I hardly remember the last time the Boys played in the NFC Championship Game or a SB. And at this point, I don't even care if they win the SB or not. They need just need to get there (or get close).  

I obviously want to get there too. But trading away 7 first round picks is not a clear path to making that happen. The only thing it guarantees is ruining my favorite day in sports for 7 consecutive years. 

I’m sure some people don’t care that much about the draft. That’s fine. I’m not trying to convince anyone to feel differently. I would personally be devastated if we treated the draft like the Rams.

2 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I obviously want to get there too. But trading away 7 first round picks is not a clear path to making that happen. The only thing it guarantees is ruining my favorite day in sports for 7 consecutive years. 

I’m sure some people don’t care that much about the draft. That’s fine. I’m not trying to convince anyone to feel differently. I would personally be devastated if we treated the draft like the Rams.

I’ll second this. I would bet in the vast majority of cases, this probably spells doom for a franchise. We’ll see how smart the Rams prove to be.

Well I am just glad in a way it ended up not being close.   TB won this game because their front 4 was able to get pressure on Mahomes all game long with out having to blitz.   ON a side note I was amazed just how bad the ref's were all game, kinda embarrassing. 

Just now, quiller said:

a side note I was amazed just how bad the ref's were all game, kinda embarrassing. 

This a huge issue. Not just in the NFL either. Officiating in all sports has become a major cause for concern. I would say the NFL is tops on that list though. There are times they are unbelievably bad.

8 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

This a huge issue. Not just in the NFL either. Officiating in all sports has become a major cause for concern. I would say the NFL is tops on that list though. There are times they are unbelievably bad.

I see this as side effect of the current way the sports are shown to us. We at home are seeing multiple high definition cameras from multiple angles, multiple levels on the field and the ability to slow them down to certain frame speeds. 

On the field, the Refs only see 1 angle, from 1 level of the field (eye level) and at real time. This is where human error is figured in. They can only judge off of from what they physically see or what they perceived to see.  They are not allowed to look up at the jumbo trons to make a better decision. 

4 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Another nice veteran I'd like to see Dallas kick the tires on. Denver is thin at CB now. Farley/Surtain surely going to be on their radar now. 

Edited by WizardHawk

I've never felt more happy to have Dak at our QB. The Eagles just got absolutely fleeced in a deal moving Wentz.

Not gonna lie, I was really afraid of the Eagles since they got Wentz. They genuinely looked like a dynasty was forming. Seems like their fans and management f'd that up though. They ran Pederson and Wentz out of town for... Jalen Hurts? Going to be funny to watch Wentz have an MVP caliber season again. Looks like the iggles won't be good for another 5+ years either.

It's a great day.

edit: I know the last two seasons weren't good for Wentz, but it's hard to play well when your receivers have a combined like 3 games of experience. That combined with an offensive line that's has more changes than anyone else in the league, and it's pretty clear why Wentz was struggling.

Edited by elevators_rule