Around the NFL - PLAYOFFS?

Texas_OutLaw7

2 hours ago, Northland said:

Plan I think you will see Wentz flourish in Indy.  Solid HC, solid staff, great OL and they can run the ball.  Wentz regressed n Philly big time, but it's been revealed he had a toxic relationship with Pederson, and he really got beat up physically.  I'll put it this way if he can't make it work in Indy I don't know if he can be resurrected.  I can't think of a better spot for him than the Colts.

Wentz regressed to a degree perhaps never seen in NFL history. Eagles were lucky to get out of that contract. I think Indy got ripped off here. 

20 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Wentz regressed to a degree perhaps never seen in NFL history. Eagles were lucky to get out of that contract. I think Indy got ripped off here. 

It's a fair point/argument. It is staggering that a guy who would have been MVP had he not been hurt regressed so much.  Conversely, you have to have some talent to produce like he did during that season.  I think Indy gets him back on the right track.  As I said if Indy can't I don't know of any other team or environment that would be able to.

4 minutes ago, Northland said:

It's a fair point/argument. It is staggering that a guy who would have been MVP had he not been hurt regressed so much.  Conversely, you have to have some talent to produce like he did during that season.  I think Indy gets him back on the right track.  As I said if Indy can't I don't know of any other team or environment that would be able to.

Maybe he works out to Indy, but his value to Philly was nothing. They absolutely had to get him out of the building. I did not expect them to get as much as they did.

20 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Maybe he works out to Indy, but his value to Philly was nothing. They absolutely had to get him out of the building. I did not expect them to get as much as they did.

Agree with the situation in Philly.  I wasn't aware that he and Pederson were not speaking.

On 2/19/2021 at 1:39 PM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Some people dont have the mental fortitude to get over an injury. As the saying goes, football is 10% physical an 90% mental. Do you think that may have caused his regression? 

5 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Well, when you run an archaic offense with no interest in providing your QB with an offensive line or legitimate RB, they tend to get upset.

In this case, IMO, Wilson is the victim of his own success.  I think very highly of Wilson as a player.  But, he lacks the foresight of Tom Brady.  Wilson insisted on being the highest paid player in the nfl.  He got what he wanted.  And, to a large degree it worked out for Seahawks as they routinely make the playoffs.  But, all they paid to Wilson comes at the expense of putting together a good OL.  Brady was rarely paid in the top 10 QBs and he always had a good, serviceable OL.  Wilson chose money over protection.

2 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

In this case, IMO, Wilson is the victim of his own success.  I think very highly of Wilson as a player.  But, he lacks the foresight of Tom Brady.  Wilson insisted on being the highest paid player in the nfl.  He got what he wanted.  And, to a large degree it worked out for Seahawks as they routinely make the playoffs.  But, all they paid to Wilson comes at the expense of putting together a good OL.  Brady was rarely paid in the top 10 QBs and he always had a good, serviceable OL.  Wilson chose money over protection.

They haven't exactly drafted OL well either...

4 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Wait...you mean that overpaying a QB, even one as gifted as Russell Wilson, could be bad for the team overall due to it losing the ability to pay players at other positions? Say it isn’t so!!

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

Wait...you mean that overpaying a QB, even one as gifted as Russell Wilson, could be bad for the team overall due to it losing the ability to pay players at other positions? Say it isn’t so!!

I'd say it is more about drafting. Their 1st round draft picks have been abysmal.

If you are going to pay players top money, you need to hit on your picks. Something Seattle has not done well.

2 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

I'd say it is more about drafting. Their 1st round draft picks have been abysmal.

If you are going to pay players top money, you need to hit on your picks. Something Seattle has not done well.

Their past 6-7 drafts have produced next to nothing. They’ve hit on only a handful of picks.