Around the NFL - PLAYOFFS?

Texas_OutLaw7

8 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Their past 6-7 drafts have produced next to nothing. They’ve hit on only a handful of picks. 

That’s also do to Wilson’s ability help the team win.  Again, the victim of his own success.  It’s a lot easier to find good players drafting in the top 15 than it is to draft in the late 20s.  The highest draft pick they’ve had in the last 8 years is #27.  It’s actually fairly amazing that Seattle has been as good as they have despite not being in a position to draft elite talent.

4 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

That’s also do to Wilson’s ability help the team win.  Again, the victim of his own success.  It’s a lot easier to find good players drafting in the top 15 than it is to draft in the late 20s.  The highest draft pick they’ve had in the last 8 years is #27.  It’s actually fairly amazing that Seattle has been as good as they have despite not being in a position to draft elite talent.

They had pick 18 in 2018 but decided to trade down to 27 and take Rashaad Penny which didnt plan out. 

They took LJ Collier which hasnt panned out. Then took Jordyn Brooks last year. Hasnt looked great.

They have taken 4 offensive lineman in the first 3 rounds since 2014. 2 of them turned into starters and 1 still isnt on the team.

As @plan9misfit says, draft line, early, often annually, I dont think the seahawks can say they have done well drafting an oline to protect their best asset.

So if we did trade for Russell Wilson,   Seattle would eat the $13mil signing bonus for the 3 years remaining on the contract.  Thus,   our cap hit for Russell would be 2021:  $19mil,   2022: $24mil,  and 2023: $27mil.    I am guessing we would probably add some incentives,  making the playoffs,  playoff win, etc.   Even with incentives,  we could re-sign Gallup.    I'd give up (3) 1sts .   

1 hour ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Well then it's guaranteed he's 100%.   They never fib or are just wrong.   I mean it's one thing to be healed and free from infection, and another to be back where he was last year. 

I mean...sure. Maybe he isn't. But you can include injury clauses. 

Adding Wilson and giving up 3 1st round picks or whatever isn't helping anybody. This team isn't a slightly better QB away from reaching the playoffs. 

I can't imagine Seattle trading Wilson for Dak and picks. Their going to eat a bunch of dead cap moving Wilson, then having to pay Dak.

The only way Wilson ends up here is if Dak is moved to another team for picks and we package those picks for Wilson.

On 2/26/2021 at 5:18 PM, CAPJ said:

The only way Wilson ends up here is if Dak is moved to another team for picks and we package those picks for Wilson.

This is the only scenario that makes sense. Dak to Seattle just doesn’t make sense. Seattle will want the picks and turn one of those into a QB on a rookie deal to make the Wilson dead money hurt less. They could never move Wilson, then go right into paying top 5 QB money to another guy.