Around the NFL - PLAYOFFS?

Texas_OutLaw7

53 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

What do we make of this?  I’m thinking eff’ that noise. Then again I don’t believe he should be wearing 54 either, so what do I know.

Many would argue he shouldn't even be in a Dallas uniform to begin with. SO the number is kinda secondary.

21 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Man, if the new info being put out on Watson is true, a suspension will be the least of his/Houston’s problems.

Even if the information isn't true, we've seen what Comrade Goodell does to innocent players when allegations (read: lies) are thrown at them. Watson will likely enjoy a minimum of 6-8 games on suspension, if not longer.

So according to Twitter, Dallas is out of the mix regarding KJ Wright. I'm not surprised. But, I do find it wild that this team has distanced themselves from all FAs that carry any sort of name with them. Especially at LB, where they have some huge question marks. 

12 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

So according to Twitter, Dallas is out of the mix regarding KJ Wright. I'm not surprised. But, I do find it wild that this team has distanced themselves from all FAs that carry any sort of name with them. Especially at LB, where they have some huge question marks. 

Because the team has convinced itself that garbage bin guys are valuable.

3 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Apparently Wright wanted multiple years, Dallas wanted only 1 year. 

Which is strange, since longer contracts favor the team given the uncertainty with the salary cap. Players want the one-year deals because they can cash in next year.

Just now, plan9misfit said:

Which is strange, since longer contracts favor the team given the uncertainty with the salary cap. Players want the one-year deals because they can cash in next year.

I thought the same thing. Some beat writer speculated that a lot of the 1-off deals are largely tied to the staff. Should they falter (again) - expect Jerry & co. to make coaching changes which in turn would mean re-shuffling the roster anyways. 

If he isn't signed post-draft I expect we can revisit with him again. 

Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I thought the same thing. Some beat writer speculated that a lot of the 1-off deals are largely tied to the staff. Should they falter (again) - expect Jerry & co. to make coaching changes which in turn would mean re-shuffling the roster anyways. 

If he isn't signed post-draft I expect we can revisit with him again. 

Both are potentially valid points. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2021 at 6:39 PM, plan9misfit said:

Even if the information isn't true, we've seen what Comrade Goodell does to innocent players when allegations (read: lies) are thrown at them. Watson will likely enjoy a minimum of 6-8 games on suspension, if not longer.

Well since Zeke got 6 games for an accusation with zero evidence shouldn't Deshaun get that times the number of accusers? 

41 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/1383448002015096841?s=21

looks like we can take Hurst off the market

No surprise. Love McClay/SJ in the draft room. I hate just about everything about them when it comes to free agency. Not pointing to Hurst/Richardson here either, as both have question marks. It's just a blanket statement. They suck at free agency