Around the NFL - PLAYOFFS?

Texas_OutLaw7

24 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Come on Bills!!

It's a real privilege to be alive in a time to watch the greatest football player of all time STILL doing it.

This is something 20 years from now I can tell the grandkids, I followed his entire career and YES he was that good. GOAT.

48 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

What disgusts me is Brady has played in more Super Bowls than we have played in actual playoff games since he was drafted in 2000. 

sad state of affairs this team we love is! 

It's definitely frustrating. 

11 hours ago, textaz03 said:

What disgusts me is Brady has played in more Super Bowls than we have played in actual playoff games since he was drafted in 2000. 

sad state of affairs this team we love is! 

This is pretty crazy but I believe the number is actually 10 for both. Brady is 6-3, soon to be 7-3/6-4, while our team is 3-7. He does have 10 SB appearances to our 7 playoff appearances though

15 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Lafleur gets the blame.  Total wuss mode on 4th and 9 with 2+ minutes left,  3 timeouts, and Rodgers down by 8. 

Did not agree with that call either.  For me the Packers lost because they got what 6 points off of 3 turnovers?  You have to capitalize on the gifts you're given.  That TD by Tampa at the end of the first half never should have happened.  You have to keep everything in front of you.  King was looking in the backfield as the WR flew by him.  Inexcusable.

On 1/19/2021 at 7:22 AM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

You made a claim that a vast majority of people disagree with, to the point where someone just assumed you had mistyped. Most available data would not support your take, and you provide no context, evidence, or logic to back up it. 

That's what makes it a bad take. Not just the simple fact that we disagree.

Evidence? Itll always come down to your opinion against mine. If I'm wrong when it's all done then by all means I'm ok with it. If I'm wrong then the team should be better. Right?? As of right now from the games I watch, I don't see what yall see. Then again I only get to watch maybe 5 games if I'm lucky. I hope he proves me wrong 

14 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Evidence? Itll always come down to your opinion against mine. 

If you don't understand why your opinions, especially strong and contrarian ones, should be based on an analysis of evidence and available information, then I don't know how to have a conversation with you.

"The Earth is flat"

"Here's all this evidence to show that is not correct"

"Evidence? Just a difference of opinions, bro."

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

This is big. Tough year to be a Houston sports fan. Will be curious as to how this plays out, for various reasons.

I imagine San Francisco is going to be inquiring. Miami may as well too. 

18 minutes ago, D82 said:
1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

This is big. Tough year to be a Houston sports fan. Will be curious as to how this plays out, for various reasons.

Expand  

I imagine San Francisco is going to be inquiring. Miami may as well too. 

That contract would be awesome for a new team. $27m/yr since HOU has to account for the signing bonus. 

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

If you don't understand why your opinions, especially strong and contrarian ones, should be based on an analysis of evidence and available information, then I don't know how to have a conversation with you.

"The Earth is flat"

"Here's all this evidence to show that is not correct"

"Evidence? Just a difference of opinions, bro."

You dont know how to have a conversation with me because you say I have no analysis of evidence or information? Hmm really? I guessed you missed the part where I did provide information on why my opinion is what it is. The analysis of evidence is me watching the games. Me watching a ton of 3 an outs. Me watching the team not score until the 2nd quarter. Me watching the team constantly giving up turnovers. Me watching the team struggle to score TDs in the redzone. Me watching the team not build upon the good things they did before. Too much inconsistency for my liking. 

But I guess I cant keep a conversation with someone that cant read

1 hour ago, buddy_z34 said:

You dont know how to have a conversation with me because you say I have no analysis of evidence or information? Hmm really? I guessed you missed the part where I did provide information on why my opinion is what it is. The analysis of evidence is me watching the games. Me watching a ton of 3 an outs. Me watching the team not score until the 2nd quarter. Me watching the team constantly giving up turnovers. Me watching the team struggle to score TDs in the redzone. Me watching the team not build upon the good things they did before. Too much inconsistency for my liking. 

A) You literally have given nothing that resembles evidence or analysis in this thread prior to this post; perhaps you have in other threads?.. B) "I've watched a few games and have some anecdotal memories of some stuff that didn't work perfectly", while also admitting to watching less than 1/3 of the games and getting confused about how long Moore has been OC... is about as weak an analysis of any for topic I can remember being debated on this forum.

You asked why Matts called your take terrible. I'm just giving you the answer. It's not simply about difference of opinion.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

1 hour ago, buddy_z34 said:

Yet we had the #2 offense in the NFL 2019 by DVOA, #1 by yards, #6  by points, #1 by yards per a play, #3 in first downs, #3 by EPA. And Moore followed that up by being #1 in virtually all of those categories until his starting QB went down in 2020. 

Your opinion on this doesnt make any sense. Objectively speaking our offense is really good. 

2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Frankly, as @Matts4313 pointed out that contract is gold for his next team. As such, Dallas should be interested in a trade as well.

Yeah, if we cant sign Dak, a tag and trade for Watson would be interesting due to the cap savings. 

In those 5 or 6 games before Dak got hurt what did the #1 offense in football record look like?? How many of those games were they having to make incredible comebacks just to be in the game?? Yes the defense was terrible but the offense constantly giving up the ball only made it worse.