Around the NFL - PLAYOFFS?

Texas_OutLaw7

21 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

But regardless, to me the narrative is: With Dak, Kellen Moore was able to overcome ridiculous team fumbling issues, dropped passes,_ and the worst field position in football the make games competitive. With mediocre QB play, and an OL in shambles, he led an offense that was quite competent. Any way you slice it, he’s a rising star. Keeping him is clearly not a mistake.

I would give credit more to Dak than Moore. Dak this year was making audibles and adjustments at the line. It was a thing of beauty. When Dak went down the offense regressed. That's a sad thing considering the team had the best backup in the league. But it also had an offensive line made up of 3rd stringers. It's hard to justify anything about this team based on last year. The past season being a wash ended up being true

4 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

I would give credit more to Dak than Moore. Dak this year was making audibles and adjustments at the line. It was a thing of beauty. When Dak went down the offense regressed. That's a sad thing considering the team had the best backup in the league. But it also had an offensive line made up of 3rd stringers. It's hard to justify anything about this team based on last year. The past season being a wash ended up being true

I believe you are the only person I’ve seen on this entire site that believes KM is an issue. To each their own, but I admit to finding it an odd take.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I believe you are the only person I’ve seen on this entire site that believes KM is an issue. To each their own, but I admit to finding it an odd take.

As the OC he is good. I would still like to see more improvements on his play calling. Every game there are a few series where the play calling is a head scratcher. 

I think this is where the confusion stems from. I said itll be a mistake holding on to Moore. I didnt mean as an OC. The mistake is grooming him to later on become the eventual HC. The Jones' made the mistake once of letting Payton get away. When they, The Jones' get embarrassed by mistakes they do their best to not make the same mistake again. They didnt draft Moss was the mistake. So they made sure to not pass up on Dez and now Lamb. They let Payton walk so they groomed Garrett and now I see the same with grooming Moore. As HCs are concerned there are plenty of names ahead of Kellen Moore. 

I just dont want the Cowboys to potentially lose out on Lincoln Riley because Moore is being groomed. 

2 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

The Jones' made the mistake once of letting Payton get away.

Thats a little unfair. We had a HOF HC still under contract. We didnt know he would only coach 1 more season then quit because the Romo Seahawks bobble would be so hard on him. 

4 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

That’s why I’m so leery to doling out massive contracts to QBs. If they don’t work out, you lose multiple picks, salary cap room, and time. A bad QB contract can set the organization back 4-5 years.

To be fair, so can a bad draft pick at QB. And weve seen the teams that have gone much longer than that.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2021 at 7:51 AM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I actually kind of buy that this is a decent idea for the Rams, and it probably improves their chances of winning relative to using those picks and keeping Goff on the books.

But man, the Draft is probably half my enjoyment of following the NFL. If Dallas ruined 7 consecutive drafts, I would be devastated. 

Even if Dallas got a SB appearance out of it? I would gladly have Dallas ruin 7 drafts if it got us there. 

Edited by Tony7188

26 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Even if Dallas got a SB appearance out of it? I would gladly have Dallas ruin 7 drafts if it got us there. 

A Super Bowl win, sure. But major, major preference for trying to build a contender without regularly trading our first round pick away.

The occasional 1st rounder in a trade for the right player at the right time (Amari)? Ok, that’s fine. But making a systematic habit of trading away my draft day fun is about as close to a dealbreaker as it gets for me.

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer

The Eagles' initial asking price for Carson Wentz was an equivalent of the return that the Lions got for Matthew Stafford, per several sources involved. They'll get less than that. How much less is the question. But that it's negotiable shows they're ready to deal him.

Good lord. If Philly sniffs anything remotely close to that haul. I might be forced to jump off the Dak train. 

Tom Pelissero@TomPelissero15m

The #Saints and coach Sean Payton already have been fined $850,000 and lost a 7th-round draft pick for two previous COVID protocol violations. Discipline not finalized in the latest case, but it could end up including multiple and/or higher draft picks and an even larger fine

Imagine being a $100m over the cap, then losing multiple draft picks because you refuse to follow simple protocols. Whew....

What a fuster cluck.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer

The Eagles' initial asking price for Carson Wentz was an equivalent of the return that the Lions got for Matthew Stafford, per several sources involved. They'll get less than that. How much less is the question. But that it's negotiable shows they're ready to deal him.

Good lord. If Philly sniffs anything remotely close to that haul. I might be forced to jump off the Dak train. 

Wow! If that’s the case I would def franchise and trade Dak. There is going to be a lot of suitors. San Fran, NE, Carolina, New Orleans, Bears just to name a few. 

Wentz’s value is at an all time low I would think after being benched then demanding a trade, then Head coaching change.