SNF Wildcard Weekend Browns @ Steelers

Sad People

What ya got?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Browns
    • Steelers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/2021 at 02:00 AM

1 hour ago, NeptunePenguins said:

I think this team could beat the Chiefs with the way their running game is. 

they would have to make sure they score TD's though. FG's vs the chiefs ain't gonna win . TOP could be had with the Browns OL/rungame , that we know. It could be a good game. If Ward returns, it could help their defence too.  I am looking forward to this game, happy for the browns too as they are quietly playing some ol' Martial;l on offence anyways.   KC is the team to beat so to speak, but they better play better than they did vs atlanta a few weeks ago.  I think the Browns interior should be able to neutralize Jones and thats saying something. Jones is the 2nd best DT in the game, and dominates often. 

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:
3 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Have you ever actually played sports? Trash talk is 100% a motivator. Being extra motivated doesnt mean you are going to win though.

Yes I have a played sports thank you. Being a motivator and be a difference are not the same thing. IM just not naive to believe that it has an impact on the outcome of a game. 

3 hours ago, DannyB said:

Jesus balls, are you arguing just to argue?? What's your horse in this race?

I'm not saying talking schnitzel is like a transformative superpower like Popeye throwing down a can of spinach, but these are apex level athletes and competitors who will jump on ANYTHING, real or perceived, to try and gain any slight edge. Players, former players, coaches, etc, talk ALL THE TIME about the effect bulletin board material can have. It doesn't mean it's automatic, there are tons of instances where teams or players have talked crap and gotten away with it. Hell maybe it fuels themselves up, feels like it gives them an edge. And that's all fine. Even JuJu doing what he was doing was fine...until it wasn't.

Around midseason it became a "thing", and teams started noticing it more and taking more of an issue with it. At that point if I'm his teammate I'm grabbing him and saying alright, enough, cool it for awhile. But nope, he had to double down and say what he said this week. The Browns have a hundred percent making reference to it. I'm not saying it is THE reason why the Steelers came out and diarrhea'd all over the field for an entire half. One team executed and the other didn't. But it's somewhere in that mix, in the margins, and sometimes just that little difference can make things snowball.

Why do you think Belichick essentially puts a gag on his players, while also nitpicking any remote potential slight he can use to motivate? I'm not saying it can make the impossible happen, and turn sure defeat into a resounding victory, but in a sport where the phrase "any given Sunday" exists for a reason, and the gap between the worst team and the best team is probably narrower than we imagine, it can help.

No offense bro, this is actually a load of nonsense. Like you everything, all of this just makes for a good narrative and story. We can construct anything to make it seem believable.

In a sport with so many freaking variables on just on single play, you want people to believe that a comment or an act by a player impacted the game? It made Ben throw INTs, it made Receivers drop passes? It made Cleveland run block harder? There are too many things at stake for these minuscule and irrelevant details to matter like this. If you don’t think what he said impacted the outcome of the game then why on earth are we even talking about this? It renders everything else irrelevant. 

11 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

No offense bro, this is actually a load of nonsense. Like you everything, all of this just makes for a good narrative and story. We can construct anything to make it seem believable.

In a sport with so many freaking variables on just on single play, you want people to believe that a comment or an act by a player impacted the game? It made Ben throw INTs, it made Receivers drop passes? It made Cleveland run block harder? There are too many things at stake for these minuscule and irrelevant details to matter like this. If you don’t think what he said impacted the outcome of the game then why on earth are we even talking about this? It renders everything else irrelevant. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Come on bro, this happens in sports. It didn’t have an impact on the game. Just feeds into the mythology. There are so many variables and stakes in a football game, yet we wanna highlight JuJu? And btw, he wasn’t the only one to “disrespect” the Browns. When Shaq called the Sacramento Kings, the Sacramento Queens what happened?

and **** talking is a variable

12 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

and **** talking is a variable

Not really. Here’s a problem with this stupid theory. It assumes that the Browns motivation superseded the Steelers motivation. Steelers have been doubted, right? They’ve likely heard all the overrated talk by people. Ben’s last year. None of these players have been to a SB. Or does that not matter because it doesn’t make for a good story as they lost?

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

Not really. Here’s a problem with this stupid theory. It assumes that the Browns motivation superseded the Steelers motivation. Steelers have been doubted, right? They’ve likely heard all the overrated talk by people. Ben’s last year. None of these players have been to a SB. Or does that not matter because it doesn’t make for a good story as they lost?

Talking crap and winding opposition up absolutely adds something psychologically, and given you're an ex pro sportsman, I'm sure you know this. I think you just think it's cool so are defending it.