NFC Divizional Round: Rams at Packers

packfanfb

11 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Neither can move .. put the heat on them in the cold.

To be fair, Goff purportedly couldn’t play in the cold or move very well, and yet he was still very efficient today.

But let’s be honest, that’s not really an issue.  Maintaining a high octane offense is what will carry this team to the Superb Owl this year, and that’s ok.

Just now, Sasquatch said:

To be fair, Goff purportedly couldn’t play in the cold or move very well, and yet he was still very efficient today.

But let’s be honest, that’s not really an issue.  Maintaining a high octane offense is what will carry this team to the Superb Owl this year, and that’s ok.

Not talking about Goff, talking about Brees or  Brady at Green Bay next week when it's 23 degrees and light snow.  Neither can move .. put the heat on them.

5 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Not talking about Goff, talking about Brees or  Brady at Green Bay next week when it's 23 degrees and light snow.  Neither can move .. put the heat on them.

Right.  And I’m saying everyone said the same thing about Goff.  And I also said it really doesn’t matter because it’s the GB offense that’s driving this boat to the SB.  You didn’t read my post...like, at all.

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

The situation is we are keeping teams under 20. The stat is, we win.

The situation is the offense absolutely dominated time of possession so the Rams didnt have opportunities to put up points. Again, the defense came through in the end but against a QB better than Goff things would be different.

19 minutes ago, Brad gluckman said:

The situation is the offense absolutely dominated time of possession so the Rams didnt have opportunities to put up points. Again, the defense came through in the end but against a QB better than Goff things would be different.

So the plan to play complimentary defense... worked? Yes, when we play an elite QB we better have some tricks in our sleeve. that is EVERY defense vs Elite QBs lol.

Like the literal BEST defense just played an elite QB and failed. it's like the NFL has been built for offenses.

2nd edit lol. Last year the absolute best defense came against the best QB in the Super Bowl, what happened? Not many teams have elite D's and elite QB's. I know everyone is upset and thinks this D SHOULD be elite, and I think there's pieces to be more intimidating than we are as well, but there's a plan by Pettine to limit big plays and TDs and it's been working. Absolutely gonna need some luck and a little something else when we play one of these old heads who are about to walk into town.

Edited by HighCalebR

11 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

So the plan to play complimentary defense... worked? Yes, when we play an elite QB we better have some tricks in our sleeve. that is EVERY defense vs Elite QBs lol.

Like the literal BEST defense just played an elite QB and failed. it's like the NFL has been built for offenses.

2nd edit lol. Last year the absolute best defense came against the best QB in the Super Bowl, what happened? Not many teams have elite D's and elite QB's. I know everyone is upset and thinks this D SHOULD be elite, and I think there's pieces to be more intimidating than we are as well, but there's a plan by Pettine to limit big plays and TDs and it's been working. Absolutely gonna need some luck and a little something else when we play one of these old heads who are about to walk into town.

Honestly, to just be very basic I look at the Titans game and dont understand why that appriach isnt used more often. It is painful watching this defense just sit back and wait for the offense to make a mistake.

• Like 1

Just now, Brad gluckman said:

Honestly, to just be very basic I look at the Titans game and dont understand why that appriach isnt used more often. It is painful watching this defense just sit back and wait for the offense to make a mistake.

because it invites "lucky" big plays. Play the cushion where are they going. underneath. Then you just have to make sure to tackle. Play tight and they send 4 verts? Someone whiffs the jam and every QB in the league can toss 60 yards.

Pettine is saying "We know Rodgers will score, we know you're going to have to keep up." bet you can't stay patient and run or dink and dunk.

25 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

because it invites "lucky" big plays. Play the cushion where are they going. underneath. Then you just have to make sure to tackle. Play tight and they send 4 verts? Someone whiffs the jam and every QB in the league can toss 60 yards.

Pettine is saying "We know Rodgers will score, we know you're going to have to keep up." bet you can't stay patient and run or dink and dunk.

And sometimes it works out. Bears and Rams both were extremely tight late in the game. They shoudnt have been.

13 minutes ago, Brad gluckman said:

And sometimes it works out. Bears and Rams both were extremely tight late in the game. They shoudnt have been.

If the other team never getting closer than 7 in Q4 is your idea of an extremely tight game, we have different definitions.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Honestly, it's painful reading the constant whining from the anti Pettine crowd dismissing every good performance by the defense while they wait for the game where the defense flounders so they can say, "See!!  I was right!  Pettine sucks!" 

As someone with a fair share of screw Pettine posts this year I agree with you. 

1 minute ago, Brad gluckman said:

Was either score representative of how close the actual game was late?  Both games were questionable in the 4th quarter and shouldnt have been.

This is the NFL. How often do you think teams actually blow the doors off of playoff teams? 

• Like 1