NFC Divizional Round: Rams at Packers

packfanfb

9 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

The Rams had one drive early in Q4 when they were within one score.  That drive went nowhere, and GB put the game away on their next possession.  This wasn't a close game today.

I suppose after a few playoff games where we let them slip away after a lead (Seattle in 2014 for example) is the root of this kind of thinking by a lot of us.

11 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I suppose after a few playoff games where we let them slip away after a lead (Seattle in 2014 for example) is the root of this kind of thinking by a lot of us.

Maybe, but if this Rams game is being described as a "nail biter" by Packers fans, that's a very low bar.

Edited by Mazrimiv

Wow just crazy. By the Packers 2nd drive, it never got closer than a TD. The Rams offense averaged 23.3 per game this season, they only managed 18. The Rams defense allowed 18.5, the Packers hung 32 on them. They didn't blow the doors off the Rams, but at no point we're the Packers not in control. Even that one drive to close the score to within 7, took so long, that you knew time was already strongly on the Packers side.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Brad gluckman said:

When you put up almost 500 yards and 37 minutes on the #1 defense in the league, we shouldnt be biting our nails in the 4th quarter. 

Some of us were and some of us weren't.  2 missed long td passes didn't help and they didn't attempt to score from the 10 at end of the game.  No need to head to the manicurist over the game.

13 hours ago, Brad gluckman said:

And sometimes it works out. Bears and Rams both were extremely tight late in the game. They shoudnt have been.

Lets be honest here.  If this game had played out the exact opposite, and it had been GB in the other side of the score, you'd wouldn't be in here talking about how this was an extremely tight game late.  You'd be in here (correctly) talking about how GB was clearly over matched, and was never a real threat to complete any kind of comeback.

45 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Lets be honest here.  If this game had played out the exact opposite, and it had been GB in the other side of the score, you'd wouldn't be in here talking about how this was an extremely tight game late.  You'd be in here (correctly) talking about how GB was clearly over matched, and was never a real threat to complete any kind of comeback.

Yes, and OP31 would be demanding that Pettine be fired for running a light box against Jones and Co.

7 hours ago, Pugger said:

Definitely .. I expect the collapse from GB in big games.  I'm slowly starting to trust that this team will find a way to win. 

• Like 1

This packers defense while not elite has done a very good job in the second half of the season.  In this 7 game win streak they’ve given up an average of 18.4 ppg.  That is better than the number 1 defense in the nfl.  Not sure what people want but This is the best defense they’ve had in a long time paired with the best offense they probably ever had.  Go Pack Go!!!

3 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

This packers defense while not elite has done a very good job in the second half of the season.  In this 7 game win streak they’ve given up an average of 18.4 ppg.  That is better than the number 1 defense in the nfl.  Not sure what people want but This is the best defense they’ve had in a long time paired with the best offense they probably ever had.  Go Pack Go!!!

Trubisky
Wentz/Hurts
Stafford
Bridgewater
Tannehill
Trubisky
Goff

Brees and Brady are smarter than all of them combined. 

I'm trying to save all of you from heartbreak.