NFC Divizional Round: Rams at Packers

packfanfb

The Rams' defines is going to be a tough nut to crack.

We have several things going for us. (1) MLF has had two weeks to figure out blocking schemes and coverages. He can go back and especially study the Bucs game to see how they stymied the Packers' offense, and figure out how to handle the unorthodox pass rush and coverages. I believe Carolina used some of the same concepts. Rodgers was better at it the second time (against Carolina), but still needs to improve. Same with the O-Line figuring out blocking schemes. (2) The Rams offense is probably going to be limited to about 20 points. The Packers' D is playing well, and the Rams have injury problems at QB. And the Packers' D seems to have gelled. (3) The game is in GB. I'm not counting on the cold winning this game, just the normal extra 3 points home filed gives a team. (4) Donald is hurting. 

I'm cautiously optimistic. I think the Packers can score 24 points. That should be enough.

On 1/11/2021 at 12:15 PM, Packerraymond said:

Jared Goff in freezing conditions:

35 of 73, 336 yards, 0 TDs, 5 INTs, 32.7 rating.

Yeah, but isn't this only like two games? And one was the horrendous Bears game where Vic Fangio dominated our offense and Goff threw 4 Ints. His struggles that day had nothing to do with the cold. My recollection is that Goff absolutely lit up the Titans in 2017 in cold weather (might have been just above freezing). I can't recall the other freezing game.

21 minutes ago, CroCopNo1 said:

I don't have a good feeling about this one since the Rams defense is out of this world, hope our holds vs a poor Rams offense and Aaron has a killer game.

LET'S GO, I want that SB

Rams defense is not "out of this world". They ARE the best defense in a historically bad year for defenses, however. But that's about it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, but isn't this only like two games? And one was the horrendous Bears game where Vic Fangio dominated our offense and Goff threw 4 Ints. His struggles that day had nothing to do with the cold. My recollection is that Goff absolutely lit up the Titans in 2017 in cold weather (might have been just above freezing). I can't recall the other freezing game.

It was 40 degrees, if you go up to 40 degrees and under, he has that game against the Titans and then a clunker vs NE back in 2016. Would be 5 TDs and 7 picks.

35 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He hasn’t even been good in good weather this season, freezing temps will only make it worse.

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It was 40 degrees, if you go up to 40 degrees and under, he has that game against the Titans and then a clunker vs NE back in 2016. Would be 5 TDs and 7 picks.

Yeah, my main point is, though, that one terrible game against Chicago that had nothing to do with the cold is what's driving those numbers because of the small sample size. I would assume Goff isn't a good fit in cold weather QB, regardless, but the numbers are going to be very slanted because of that one game.

16 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

He hasn’t even been good in good weather this season, freezing temps will only make it worse.

Maybe. I don't even know if he'll play due to the thumb issue. But he's also a completely different QB with Whitworth at LT. Not that he was elite with Whitworth at LT, but he was a lot better.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Yea, but Pettine is a better defensive coordinator than Fangio, so there. 

Ok, now that we've all had a good laugh! Should be a good game. Great offense vs great defense, mediocre offense vs mediocre defense. Good matchup!

• Like 1