NFC Divizional Round: Rams at Packers

packfanfb

Packers need to win it on their own merits.  Don't expect the weather to be any big factor, and don't expect the Donald injury to be any big deal.  They'll shoot him up with whatever pain-killers/nerve-blockers are necessary, and he'll play.  Maybe they give him some vest or something, who knows.  But I expect he'll probably still be playing, and being a threat.  

If Packers win, I assume it will be because they're a better team and they play better, not because Donald is hurt or Goff or Wolford have cold fingers.  

Will be super interesting to see how the offense works against the Rams D; and what the defensive approach is versus Rams offense.  

• Like 1

I'd like to see some Aaron Jones in the slot this week. The Rams are going to have their safeties in a 2 deep shell. They're going to follow Ramsey around with Adams. I think Jonesy could have a very 2019 KC Chiefs type week in the passing game if we gameplan around him. They don't have LBs that can stay with him.

Some 20/21 personnel looks where Jones and Dillon/Williams start in the backfield together and Jones motions out. See how they attack that. Give him some jet sweep carries too.

This is a LB group you want to make run side to side. Next week if we play White and David will be the opposite.

• Like 2

I'm not comfortable with all this talk of winning by multiple scores.  After the wildcard games all of the teams left can take it to the distance.  This game against LA is gonna be tough.  IMO it will come down to which team doesn't screw up with costly penalties and turnovers.  If we play a clean game and keep Rodgers upright we should come out victorious.

Jake Morley -  

Rams record when the O has a starting field position of 30+ yards 7-1
Rams record when the O has a starting field position under 30 yards. 4-5

Don't give this offense a short field, and they struggle.
Their best offense is their defense. Take care of the ball, win.

7 hours ago, persiandud said:

So dumb to think this way 

So true. The Rams are (4-1) against playoff teams. The one loss was to the Bills where the Rams led late in the game and was a questionable DPI call away from winning. Losing to the Jets was bad but it’s a product of the long season NFL season. Even in the NBA the 2015-2016 Warriors who went (73-9) lost to the (21-61) Nets and the (30-52) Pelicans. 

1 hour ago, deathstar said:

The narrative surrounding this game distinctly lacks any respect for our offense. It seems to be a foregone conclusion that their defense is going to shut us down. 

I understand defense usually beats offense. But this is the best offense I’ve seen in Green Bay since 2011? Maybe it’s better? Like.. we’re really good.

Rams fans seem very confident in the Gen. game thread... time to find out how good we really are.

****, this week is dragging along slowly.

• Like 1