NFC Divizional Round: Rams at Packers

packfanfb

9 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Rams fans seem very confident in the Gen. game thread... time to find out how good we really are.

****, this week is dragging along slowly.

Nah man, enjoy the week. Enjoy the trash talk, enjoy the Pack being the number 1 seed, they are the 1 seed for a reason. Football season is almost over, got to enjoy what's left.

NFL players are among the toughest people on the planet. If anyone thinks cold weather is going to make the Rams players fold, you haven't been paying attention. They know how hard it is to get in a position to go to the Super Bowl. They are going to come out with all guns blazing and play hard to the last whistle. Just like the Packers. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

So true. The Rams are (4-1) against playoff teams. The one loss was to the Bills where the Rams led late in the game and was a questionable DPI call away from winning. Losing to the Jets was bad but it’s a product of the long season NFL season. Even in the NBA the 2015-2016 Warriors who went (73-9) lost to the (21-61) Nets and the (30-52) Pelicans. 

They also lost to the Seahawks. 

• Like 1

...and the Seahawks are wildly inconsistent. 

Went back and looked at LA's schedule and throwing out the Washington and Philly games, which were played very early in the season, they haven't beat a team by more than 2 scores except for a depleted New England team. With the exception of that game and the Week 17 Arizona game, they have not won by more than 10 points. 

Translation: if we hang up 35 on them as we have normally done to teams this season, we're probably home free...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Joe said:

...and the Seahawks are wildly inconsistent. 

Went back and looked at LA's schedule and throwing out the Washington and Philly games, which were played very early in the season, they haven't beat a team by more than 2 scores except for a depleted New England team. With the exception of that game and the Week 17 Arizona game, they have not won by more than 10 points. 

Translation: if we hang up 35 on them as we have normally done to teams this season, we're probably home free...

I doubt we hang 35 on the Rams, but that shouldn't be needed. If it is, shame on our defense for ****ting the bed again. This Rams offense is weak. You can literally smother it the way the Seahawks did a few weeks ago when the Rams scored 9 points with the division on the line. It's on Pettine to play an aggressive scheme that dares Goff to have to play big-boy QB. The Rams went back-to-back games in Week 16 and 17 without scoring an offensive TD. Goff has a hurt thumb and looks like he can't throw a spiral over 15 yards. Our defense, which in its last 3 games, has allowed 16, 14 and 16 points, should be able to do the same to the Rams. 

The Packers should win this game with 20+ points. 

Yeah I wasn’t thinking about the Seahawks loss so (4-2) in the regular season against playoff teams. 

I think Saturday will be interesting. I know Packers fans still believe back in 2018 if Montgomery didn’t fumble on the kick return that Rodgers would’ve won that game. I don’t believe he would’ve but the fact that he never saw the field we would never know. He get his chance to rewrite that wrong. As I said before the Packers should win but the Rams are a physical team on defense and running the ball and that’s the type of team that have given the Packers issues. So we will are right off the jump in the 1st quarter if it will be that type of game where the Rams are getting after Rodgers on defense and on offense if Akers are hitting the ground running. If that’s the case the Rams will win. If it’s not the case in the 1st quarter then it’s going to be a long afternoon for the Rams.

17 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I've seen this floated elsewhere. Any chance Turner goes back to RG and Veldheer to LT to try and help with Donald?

I think there is a very real possibility of this. However, it was reported that Veldheer was not present during the media portion of practice today so I don't know what's going on there. 

15 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

No real weather advantage for this one looks like. Low 30's with clear skies and light breeze.

They haven't been living it in and acclimated for months. Just think back to that first 30 degree weather of the fall. It feels mild now, but it didn't when you were acclimated to warmer weather earlier in the year.

While it's not as cold as we hoped to play a huge role, let's not forget they're from SOCAL where it's in the 80s. Even 30 degrees cold isn't their ally.  Midwesterners were born in it, molded by it. 

tom hardy bane GIF

• Like 1