NFC Divizional Round: Rams at Packers

packfanfb

29 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I've seen this floated elsewhere. Any chance Turner goes back to RG and Veldheer to LT to try and help with Donald?

I really doubt it. you just have to shade linsley to him inside and then stack Marcedes over him on the outside, run away from him as much as possible and PRAY.

13 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

They haven't been living it in and acclimated for months. Just think back to that first 30 degree weather of the fall. It feels mild now, but it didn't when you were acclimated to warmer weather earlier in the year.

While it's not as cold as we hoped to play a huge role, let's not forget they're from SOCAL where it's in the 80s. Even 30 degrees cold isn't their ally.  Midwesterners were born in it, molded by it. 

tom hardy bane GIF

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29cc7e14856d69684fcc

SEASON RANKS FOR THE PACKERS

OFFENSE
1st in points/game
5th in yards/game
8th in rush yards/game
9th in pass yards/game
2nd in sacks allowed
2nd in 3rd down %
1st in Passer Rating
1st in Red Zone Scoring %

DEFENSE
13th in points/game
9th in yards/game
13th in rush yards/game
7th in pass yards/game
10th in sacks
10th in Opponent 3rd down %
13th in Opponent Passer Rating
8th in Opponent Red Zone Scoring %

7th in turnover margin
11th in fewest penalties
1st in time of possession

Made this point in other thread. I'd use Jamal on KO returns for the playoffs. Much more reliable with the ball in his hands and Taylor isn't going to bust a return anyways. He's timid AF back there and I'm waiting for a Shepherd moment that flips the game against us. 

Edited by packfanfb

15 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Made this point in other thread. I'd use Jamal on KO returns for the playoffs. Much more reliable with the ball in his hands and Taylor isn't going to bust a return anyways. He's timid AF back there and I'm waiting for a Shepherd moment that flips the game against us. 

Translation: MLF got in Mennenga's face and helped him do his job better like he did for Pettine, too.

25 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

It's supposed to snow in Green Bay Friday night. Maybe we can just "forget" to tarp the field Friday night so there's still snow on the field come kickoff...

The snow keeps getting pushed back. Crossing my fingers it gets pushed back just a few more hours. 

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -    Josh Allen was 9/13 for 135 yards and 3 TDs off play-action against the Rams according to PFF. Even if you take away the 3 scores which were all inside the five, Allen went 6/10 for 128 yards. That's outstanding efficiency.

The Rams D can be had in the play action game.  If we can just have a bit of success on the ground it will open up a lot in the air. 

Ben Fennell -   Ya know who loves to run RPOs - Matt LaFleur - 2nd in NFL

Ya know who never runs RPOs - Sean McVay - 32nd in NFL

Last 2 seasons combined, Rams offense has 2,231 plays.
RPO concepts used? 7 snaps. That's it.

McVay/LaFleur are from the same tree, but living in different forests.

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Oh god....no no no. What does this mean for the REST of the Packers OL with regards to contact tracing etc? JFC, they better not be forced to have most of their starting OL miss the game

Hmmmmm.....this could be bad.

Leave others out of the equation at this point - what has to happen for Veldheer to be able to play on Saturday?