NFC Divizional Round: Rams at Packers

packfanfb

6 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

What’s important is if he infected others/ or if others are deemed close contacts. Then they can’t play.

This is true.

7 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Veldheer playing is such a minor issue.

Hopefully this is also true.

5 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

Rams fans seem very confident in the Gen. game thread... time to find out how good we really are.

****, this week is dragging along slowly.

I'd disagree with this... Posters here seem somewhat confident. As anyone should be with their own team. The majority of us outside this forum and elsewhere are realistic. We want to win, think we CAN win, but don't expect to.

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I doubt we hang 35 on the Rams, but that shouldn't be needed. If it is, shame on our defense for ****ting the bed again. This Rams offense is weak. You can literally smother it the way the Seahawks did a few weeks ago when the Rams scored 9 points with the division on the line. It's on Pettine to play an aggressive scheme that dares Goff to have to play big-boy QB. The Rams went back-to-back games in Week 16 and 17 without scoring an offensive TD. Goff has a hurt thumb and looks like he can't throw a spiral over 15 yards. Our defense, which in its last 3 games, has allowed 16, 14 and 16 points, should be able to do the same to the Rams. 

The Packers should win this game with 20+ points. 

I don't think we hang 35 on the Rams as well. If we can beat them at their own game, which is keeping the game low-scoring and close, then, again, we should be home free.

I think this is an ugly 29-17 type of win where we dominate, yet the score doesn't necessarily indicate that...

Tom Silverstein -   Source said that Veldheer had tested negative Monday before being allowed to enter the Packers facility and so that means the positive reading came from a Tues. morning test. He practiced w/the team and took part in meetings Tues., but tracing must have shown no close contacts.

25 minutes ago, Leader said:

Tom Silverstein -   Source said that Veldheer had tested negative Monday before being allowed to enter the Packers facility and so that means the positive reading came from a Tues. morning test. He practiced w/the team and took part in meetings Tues., but tracing must have shown no close contacts.

Trying to sound as least biased as possible, how does contract tracing work if someone practiced, but was not a close contact? Genuinely curious. Is it based off film rooms?

26 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ok I'm confused,  if he practiced with the team and went to team meetings, how wasn't he close to anyone? I could see team meetings and socially distancing during those meetings, but actual practice seems kind of hard to remain socially distanced. 

2 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Ok I'm confused,  if he practiced with the team and went to team meetings, how wasn't he close to anyone? I could see team meetings and socially distancing during those meetings, but actual practice seems kind of hard to remain socially distanced. 

".....tracing must have shown no close contacts"

35 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Yep. As of right now, Keke looks like the only real contributor who will be out this weekend. That is...assuming nobody tests positive for COVID over the next few days after Veldheer's positive test

The fact that the facility didn't even pause operations and everyone practiced is a good sign. I mean it's a weird virus and of course you never know if it could have spread to another guy, but it's not like he's had a lot of contact with anyone...think about guys like Dillon and Barnes and their level of contact with the team while having Covid versus JV. 

I'll say I'm cautiously optimistic we'll otherwise be in the clear from further positives.

1 minute ago, Leader said:
5 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

".....tracing must have shown no close contacts"

what a waste of pixels lol

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

there's a time element. Need to be within x distance of someone for x amount of time

Yeah I see. But just working for a power 5 college program (albeit not during corona) I just don't see a way you practice and aren't near your position group for less than any allotted time. Especially a group like OL. WR/CB/one on one's I could see.