NFC Divizional Round: Rams at Packers

9 minutes ago, Green19 said:

You want Brees in the cold , outdoors, in lambeau.

I mean look at what he did today indoors against a banged up bears defense.

You want Brees. He won’t push the ball down the field. Brady would be a tougher out.

ok. sold i guess

1 minute ago, mikebpackfan said:

My 1st quarter offensive game plan is, as much as feasible, run AJ Dillon straight at Aaron Donald’s ribcage. 

You're not going to have a fun first quarter in that scenario. 😂

Good luck to you gentlemen.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Howler said:

I don't like this matchup. They have the tools on the defensive side to shut down the offense. Defense has to pressure Goff. 

This Packers team is far and away the best team in the NFC and 1b to the Chiefs 1a in the entire league. Its time to stop being scared of inferior opponents. 

Pack come out like they did against the Titans and put this one away by halftime. Goff ain't built to win a game down multiple scores when he's fully healthy and he's damn sure not banged up and playing in cold weather, on the road and actually having to deal with at least some crowd noise. 

• Like 1

My biggest concern is if we don’t use Dillon. Love Jones and he’s been the best here for awhile but if I were forced to say who the most talented RB in GB is I think I’d say Dillon. But I think we may stick to the early season strategy of Jones/Williams with Dillon getting one series per half.

1 hour ago, AustrianPacker said:

Big Challenge for MLF. We need to have a game plan were guys get open because #17 will have a difficult game against Ramsey I suppose. I think with bootlegs, PAs and screens we can slow down Donald and the rest of this scary front. Defensively I am not so worried but who knows what Pettine will do. 

I'm betting Davante gets the better of Ramsey more than Kupp does over Jaire.  Also betting they have Rodgers getting the ball out quickly to everybody and Goff (if he starts) with his pinned thumb struggling.  To me, those are pretty good odds.

Matchup of #1 scoring defense v #1 scoring offense. Happened only four times and three of those times the team with the #1 scoring defense has won. 

Both teams rank #1 and #2 in TOP so whichever team has a lead they can be in better position to win by controlling the ball and bleeding the clock.

Two things I’m going to look out for. The first thing is rust vs rest. We saw how bad the Steelers looked on the first play and in general the first quarter because they decided rest Week 17 while the Browns starters were playing for their playoff lives. Will the Packers start off a little shaky early due to rust from being off a BYE? Second thing is the Packers going up against physical teams. Last season in both meetings against the Niners the Packers got pushed around. Jimmy G didn’t have to throw the ball but only 8x times. One can say this Rams team is similar to the Niners team of last season. Great defense, can run the ball with Akers and Brown, a smart coach, and a QB who just can do enough to help the team win. Then we look at this season the Packers got pushed around against the Bucs when their defense was playing their best and the running game was going. The Colts in the 2nd half imposed their will on defense and running the ball. If the Packers loss its going to be because they aren’t physical enough to be in a fight. The Rams seem to be the more physical team so that’s what I’m going to be seeing. 

Overall I didn’t want the Rams to have to go to Green Bay and the Packers should win this game IF they are truly a different team from last season. This will be a great test because again the Rams are similar to the Niners of last season when the Packers got ran off the field and I don’t care where they played they wouldn’t have stopped the Niners running game and defense. Will they be able to stop Akers who is playing amazing? Rams also have a top 10 rushing offense. Will they have success against the #1 defense in the NFL? If they can they will go to the Superbowl like I predicted before the season started believe it or not. If they can’t then they truly need to focus on getting more physical in the offseason.

Edited by stl4life07
  • Like 1

Nothing to do with this matchup, but the Rams were not the #1 defense in the NFL last year. They were 17th in points and 13th in yards. They lost Corey Littleton, they replaced him with Troy Reeder and Micah Kiser. They were the #1 defense this year.

Stop asking for high picks/FA money on ILBs.

• Like 1