NFC Divizional Round: Rams at Packers

packfanfb

10 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Will Ramsey be following Adams all game? If so, I wonder how much will LaFleur scheme Adams to get open and to get a different CB to guard Adams.

Ramsey follows so I assume he will be on Adams more often than not. Our gameplan without Adams is fine, but when Adams plays and is shut down we tend to struggle. Hopefully we are able to get Bobby, MVS and Lazard plenty of looks without 12 staring Adams down 

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The score that immediately jumped into my head was 24-13. There is no reason whatsoever the Rams should score 20 points on us at Lambeau. Seattle just held them to 9 points a few weeks ago. Their offense sucked again against Arizona in Week 17. Better effort against Seattle the second time but that was largely defense-driven as well. 

We just shut down a Titans offense that is A LOT better than the Rams' offense. Defense needs to come up big on Saturday. 

this is true. Would LOVE to see our defense hold them to single digits. It's possible if they're amped and focused, but Akers provided a spark this past weekend, too.

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport  -   Rams DT Aaron Donald is expected to play through a torn rib cartilage, while WR Cooper Kupp (knee) should be ok. As for the QBs... it's a little more uncertain.

I think Goff will give it a go and then when his thumb freezes up and stiffens, they go to the backup. 

1 minute ago, FAH1223 said:

I think Goff will give it a go and then when his thumb freezes up and stiffens, they go to the backup. 

Actually......I read that the surgeons....anticipating the Rams would be heading to the Frozen Tundra.....inserted pins made of the same metal alloy thats used in space craft.....so they're impervious to freezing.

• Like 1

Even if the Rams were at full strength the Packers would be heavily favored to win this game. They are battered and bruised coming into a frigid environment on the road vs a healthy as can be Packers team with the best QB in game.  We might see some spark from the Rams in the first quarter but once the cold sets in and the adrenaline wears off that spark will go out.

The Rams are going to underplay Donald’s injury all week, dude has fractured rib cartilage, if it wasn’t the playoffs he wouldn’t be playing 6 days later. Goffs thumb is still healing and Wolford was just in the hospital for a head injury. Their run game is effective but if they want pass the ball on us we can load the box and stop them easily.  They can bang their heads against 8-9 men boxes all night that’s fine with me. On obvious passing downs our pass rushers will be able to pin their ears back and get after the QB.  

With all that said the Rams even with a banged up Donald are still elite on defense so I don’t expect the Packers to be able to run the score up on them like they should do. 

im going to predict a final score of 24-10 with the game never being in doubt the the Packers. 

Peter Bukowski -    One of the big questions this week will be what does the Packers offense look like if Jalen Ramsey can take Davante Adams out of the game? (And he probably can't) Well, GB put up 37 on the Saints without Adams, and 30 on the Falcons without either Adams or Allen Lazard.

////

Not so sure that claim of success against the Falcons holds that much weight......but the production against the Saints sure does.
(Now....if we play them again.....perhaps we can also tackle Kamara? Just a thought)

10 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

My 1st quarter offensive game plan is, as much as feasible, run AJ Dillon straight at Aaron Donald’s ribcage. 

This.  Positive yards would be a bonus, but two or three runs with purpose into that torso should soften it up a tad before the real business can begin.

Regarding Ramsey.  Yah, he's great.  No doubt.  But, you can "get" him.  And not just every now and then.  When did the Rams play the Cowboys again?  It was early.  While protecting a lead in the fourth quarter, Ramsey let Gallup get behind him for a big play that would have either tied the game or maybe put Dallas ahead.  Ramsey grabbed him and wasn't called.  But he was beaten, badly, in a big spot.  

Vante is going to show him some quickness he hasn't seen much before.  I hope they think they can man Ramsey up on him.  

Regarding Donald.  He is amazing.  They play him all over the line and he does a lot of damage as a defensive end.  It isn't just Patrick that needs to up his game.  It is everyone.

Scary thing is that you can't just focus on him.  Brockers is very good.  Robinson is decent.  Leonard Floyd is a beast over there.  

This is one of those games where I hope we use Dillon a lot.  Wear that defense out and let Jones get in there when they are a little beat up.

Defensively, gotta take that run game away.  I don't care which QB they have, if they HAVE to throw it 35-40 times, that is in our favor.

Long story short....we need to win or be neutral on the LOS.  When we lose, we lose when we BADLY lose the LOS.  Rodgers is so good that we can be neutral on the LOS game, or a little behind and he can still get it done.  But we gotta be stout up front on both sides.  Time to put on the big boy pants.  Pants we typically do not wear after being off for a week.

14 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Regarding Ramsey.  Yah, he's great.  No doubt.  But, you can "get" him.  And not just every now and then.  When did the Rams play the Cowboys again?  It was early.  While protecting a lead in the fourth quarter, Ramsey let Gallup get behind him for a big play that would have either tied the game or maybe put Dallas ahead.  Ramsey grabbed him and wasn't called.  But he was beaten, badly, in a big spot.  

Vante is going to show him some quickness he hasn't seen much before.  I hope they think they can man Ramsey up on him.  

Regarding Donald.  He is amazing.  They play him all over the line and he does a lot of damage as a defensive end.  It isn't just Patrick that needs to up his game.  It is everyone.

Scary thing is that you can't just focus on him.  Brockers is very good.  Robinson is decent.  Leonard Floyd is a beast over there.  

This is one of those games where I hope we use Dillon a lot.  Wear that defense out and let Jones get in there when they are a little beat up.

Defensively, gotta take that run game away.  I don't care which QB they have, if they HAVE to throw it 35-40 times, that is in our favor.

Long story short....we need to win or be neutral on the LOS.  When we lose, we lose when we BADLY lose the LOS.  Rodgers is so good that we can be neutral on the LOS game, or a little behind and he can still get it done.  But we gotta be stout up front on both sides.  Time to put on the big boy pants.  Pants we typically do not wear after being off for a week.

Nope. You either start it with "Long story short......" and keep it short - or - you end the dissertation by replacing "Long story short......" with "In closing"  :)