NFC Divizional Round: Rams at Packers

packfanfb

Anyone else just realizing how weak a schedule the Rams actually played this year?  #1 in points allowed, but here's the ranks of the teams they played in terms of points for:

• 17th
  • 26th
  • 2nd
  • 31st
  • 25th
  • 21st
  • 22nd
  • 15th
  • 8th
  • 3rd
  • 13th
  • 27th
  • 32nd

I mean that's a lot of really bad offenses in there.  Not talking down the talent on the Rams D, but just something to keep in mind.  Also, they led the league with 296 points allowed, which is wild given that makes them the worst #1 scoring defense of all time.  This is a weird year.

8 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Anyone else just realizing how weak a schedule the Rams actually played this year?  #1 in points allowed, but here's the ranks of the teams they played in terms of points for:

• 17th
  • 26th
  • 2nd
  • 31st
  • 25th
  • 21st
  • 22nd
  • 15th
  • 8th
  • 3rd
  • 13th
  • 27th
  • 32nd

I mean that's a lot of really bad offenses in there.  Not talking down the talent on the Rams D, but just something to keep in mind.  Also, they led the league with 296 points allowed, which is wild given that makes them the worst #1 scoring defense of all time.  This is a weird year.

I think you have some bad stats in front of you! There were 3 teams just last year with better Points Against than 296. New England led the way with 225 points against in 2019:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/opp.htm

Rams defense is absolutely legit, they finished 4th overall in DVOA (1st in weighted), 4th against the pass and 3rd against the rush. We are eliminating the best defensive team remaining when we beat them. Unfortunately for us, the next 2 best defenses in the entire league face off in New Orleans.

So we will dispatch the best defenses in the league in 2020 enroute to the Super Bowl

*edit - will leave my mistake up here. I misread "worst #1 scoring defense of all time!" But this makes sense considering this was a record-setting offensive season.

Edited by incognito_man

23 minutes ago, Leader said:

We've reached the "pay dirt" rounds.  I'd be surprised if Dillon's snap count goes up. Not when a healthy Jones/Williams got you here.

Yeah, I was hoping he'd have more live reps at this point so he would be more proven in pass pro and other details.  With this being the time for flawless execution, the vetrans will get the bulk of the work and they should be rested and ready.

With that being said, he's really done well in every opportunity and those fresh legs can definitely kick a hole into a defense.  I hope he at least gets a few snaps in 22 personnel but also has a few opportunities to show what he's got and wear down this formidable defensive front.

2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Ramsey follows so I assume he will be on Adams more often than not. Our gameplan without Adams is fine, but when Adams plays and is shut down we tend to struggle. Hopefully we are able to get Bobby, MVS and Lazard plenty of looks without 12 staring Adams down 

Can't believe I'm saying this ... it's time for MVS to ball out big time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Jared Goff in freezing conditions:

35 of 73, 336 yards, 0 TDs, 5 INTs, 32.7 rating.

Is this all he has played in this weather?

I hope our gameplan on defense is to play the run like Tennessee and make Goff throw it. I don't think that Goff will be the starter Saturday anyway tbh based on how he looked but I would do the same with Wolford. We can not lose to the run game this week. 

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 2

by far the biggest ? going into this game is our out of position LT facing a good speed rusher.  I think if Billy Turner can prevent any devastating sack fumble plays, packers should be in good shape.

Sacks, pressure up the middle are problems, but if Rodgers is forced to hold the ball a little, we can't have that devastating turnover play

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

by far the biggest ? going into this game is our out of position LT facing a good speed rusher.  I think if Billy Turner can prevent any devastating sack fumble plays, packers should be in good shape.

Sacks, pressure up the middle are problems, but if Rodgers is forced to hold the ball a little, we can't have that devastating turnover play

Rodgers getting rid of the ball quickly is key ... when he does that he's unbeatable.  When he holds it to long there's issues.  Run the ball with quick throws; boom.

6 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Donald is twice the player, hurt, that any of their edge rushers are. Floyd never changed a game with Chi, I don't see him changing a game in LA. He got out of the North where he can use his speed to get around the end. He'll be back to his ineffective speed rush ways on the frozen tundra.

Block up Donald and we'll be good.