NFC Divizional Round: Rams at Packers

packfanfb

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Donald is twice the player, hurt, that any of their edge rushers are. Floyd never changed a game with Chi, I don't see him changing a game in LA. He got out of the North where he can use his speed to get around the end. He'll be back to his ineffective speed rush ways on the frozen tundra.

Block up Donald and we'll be good.

Floyd has played quite well this year, idk if you have watched the Rams. 

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Donald is twice the player, hurt, that any of their edge rushers are. Floyd never changed a game with Chi, I don't see him changing a game in LA. He got out of the North where he can use his speed to get around the end. He'll be back to his ineffective speed rush ways on the frozen tundra.

Block up Donald and we'll be good.

Floyd had 10.5 sacks this year, and I expect us to game plan for Donald.  Also Donald is hurt.  

The plan for floyd should be to leave him on an island with Billy Turner, whose game isn't that well suited to a speed rusher.

I'm not really scared of Floyd, but he has the best matchup, which is concerning.

Floyd is a speed rusher who moved to a team and division where he's always on turf and usually in nice weather. Was a smart move for him.

The guy was never much in Chicago because he's not build to play on a frozen field. I'm just not concerned. Especially when Donald is a Reggie caliber player on that DL.

I do think the key to the game is going to be Aaron getting off his Adams progression on time if it's not there.

I can see bad plays happening if Ramsey has Adams locked up a tick longer than expected which forces Rodgers to hold it a tick longer, allowing their impressive DL time to get past our Bakhtiari-less OL.

Huge game for MLF to find ways to slow down that pass-rush, keep Adams involved, but ensure Aaron is getting that ball out on schedule.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

by far the biggest ? going into this game is our out of position LT facing a good speed rusher.  I think if Billy Turner can prevent any devastating sack fumble plays, packers should be in good shape.

Sacks, pressure up the middle are problems, but if Rodgers is forced to hold the ball a little, we can't have that devastating turnover play

Billy Turner struggles with speed rushers and speed-to-power rushers, which is why he was moved inside when he was drafted. However, he was pressed into service at RT and made the best of it - usually with TE or RB help. That's why he worries me at LT. 

36 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

A big game from the TEs would be good too.  

Our offense should still be able to put up points. 

LA is quietly awful against TE's. Dan Arnold and Kittle burned them big time this year, but some of the other TE's they've faced have averaged 10-15 YPC against them despite receiving few targets in some cases. I'd expect to see a lot of intermediate pass plays to Bobby as well as those underneath type of plays where the receivers run 15-20 yard routes and the TE or RB just finds an open spot outside of the hashes or along the sidelines just short of the sticks.

Rams are a team who are completely comfortable running the ball on 70% of plays, and they have the horses to actually pull it off.

Rams are the closest team to the 2019-2020 49ers we will face.

Pettine is a bad coach.

These are more reasons to be concerned than anything on the GB OFF LAR DEF side of things.

Alright dudes...putting this out there as a POSSIBILITY

My buddy/buddies are hemming and hawing a bit about making trip to see this game but I absolutely want to go. Pods go on sale tomorrow morning (2, 4, or 6 tickets). I'll consider doing a FF get together if there's interest here and my buddies end up bailing on me. Decision to be made no later than 9 am Lambeau time tomorrow morning.

PM me if interested. No guarantees I even get tickets, however - but would try to buy tomorrow morning if this works out.

3 hours ago, FAH1223 said:

I think Goff will give it a go and then when his thumb freezes up and stiffens, they go to the backup. 

we MUST take advantage of that.  Him and Donald.  Broken bones, torn cartiledge in the bitter cold feel straight up terrible.  You try and focus on something else, and that infected region forces your nervous system to realize that it exists, and it hurts a lot.  

The more and more I think about this matchup, I get extra nervous. The Rams defense is legit and its going to give the offense fits. But on the other hand, not too much about the Rams offense scares me. Lazard and MVS has to step up or it could be a long day for the offense if Adams gets shut down by Ramsey. I think someone else mentioned it, but if Adams isn't open on the initial read, Rodgers has to look elsewhere quick which I feel like he's done a better job of that the past few games.

I think Pettine should play this game like they played the Titans defensively, a lot of base defense.

I just hope they don't get this sh*t pushed in by another NFC West opponent. 

If GB wins: 

24-16

If GB loses:

33-13

3 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

we MUST take advantage of that.  Him and Donald.  Broken bones, torn cartiledge in the bitter cold feel straight up terrible.  You try and focus on something else, and that infected region forces your nervous system to realize that it exists, and it hurts a lot.  

Yep, I can only image it'll be harder for Donald to breath with the rib injury, throw in the cold making it even harder, Donald could be a non factor, which would be huge, not depending on it though, the dude is an animal, I still expect him to get at least 2 sacks.

43 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Rams are a team who are completely comfortable running the ball on 70% of plays, and they have the horses to actually pull it off.

Rams are the closest team to the 2019-2020 49ers we will face.

Pettine is a bad coach.

These are more reasons to be concerned than anything on the GB OFF LAR DEF side of things.

In theory yeah they look like the Niners but they personnel they deploy isn’t even close to what the 2019-20 Niners were. Worse RBs, Worse OL and worse QB play. And they don’t have any TEs. I get what you are saying but it’s not exactly apples to apples. 

1 minute ago, YaddaHolla said:

In theory yeah they look like the Niners but they personnel they deploy isn’t even close to what the 2019-20 Niners were. Worse RBs, Worse OL and worse QB play. And they don’t have any TEs. I get what you are saying but it’s not exactly apples to apples. 

To be fair, SF only threw the ball 8 times in that championship game, really can't say if there is worse QB play. I see what your saying though.